Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water inlet for triton

Options
  • 03-06-2009 5:40pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi,

there is an old style pumper electric shower that needs to be replaced.

problem is that the water inlet on the old is on the right (facing it) and on the left for a new triton t90xr.
    The wall where it is attached is only 2ft and not a lot of room to move the triton over to where the water 1/2" pipe is.

any other pumped electric showers out there with a right water inlet - or is it a case of moving the pipe

thanks for any input

k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Move the pipe Sorry. There is one other option as far as I can remember the triton allows for piping in the top! but this will need to be checked!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I might be able to make a channel over 2 inches for the pipe.
    will an extra 2 x 90deg bends amke a big difference to the water supply thru the 1/2" copper pipe ??

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kobs15

If you check out a mira elite, they are tank fed and as far as i know they are right hand connections as regards to a LH connection on the triton

hi,

just checked and the shower is mains fed - so a right hand inlet mains electric shower.

any opinions on the triton T80Z - has a dual (left and right) input
    or the Aspirante XR ??

k

karltimber wrote: »
    hi,

just checked and the shower is mains fed - so a right hand inlet mains electric shower.

any opinions on the triton T80Z - has a dual (left and right) input
    or the Aspirante XR ??

k

Provided they are both mains fed which they are they are fine. The aspirante T80 is the same as the standard t80 just silver.

I would never usually use a T80 but where its used I always suggest you change like with like cause they are very tempramental.

• Advertisement

ok so old shower is mains fed and the mains feed has low pressure.

so I will take a connection off the tank and get a T90.

Q - to make the left connection i will have to put in a small section of new pipe and hence will have two 90deg bends at the shower - is this ok - instead of the usual one 90deg bend.

thx

K

karltimber wrote: »
    ok so old shower is mains fed and the mains feed has low pressure.

so I will take a connection off the tank and get a T90.

Q - to make the left connection i will have to put in a small section of new pipe and hence will have two 90deg bends at the shower - is this ok - instead of the usual one 90deg bend.

thx

K

It will work but the official line is to have as little bends as possible as it reduces the weighted pressure so to speak.... Not the answer you wanted sorry

just looked at it again,

going to take out old copper pipe and put in qualplex and that can bend over the about 8" to the left - to fit the new triton.

triton t90 with a tank fed supply - happy days

thx Joey for the help.

k

Advertisement