Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth - Deception

Options
  • 03-06-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

All of this "paper 2 was leaked" talk has got me thinking...I have nothing prepared on deception. o.O

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I have nothing prepared on a lot of things, I prefer not to think about it... Theres only one thing thats sure to come up, Sorry I had to edit this I looked like a total twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

errlloyd wrote: »
    I have nothing prepared on a lot of things, I prefer not to think about it... Theres only one thing thats sure to come up, Sorry I had to edit this I looked like a total twat.
    Macbeth excites you that much, huh

Macbeth excites you that much, huh
    Damn without the penis bit what I said doesn't make sense. Life is tough

Honestly though, Lady Macbeth is a total babe, and she's into domination which is savage. She's up for unsexing... which sounds kinda kinky. She talks about her breasts a lot, I like.

Plus the girl in front of me is pppphhhhhiiiiiittttt

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Deception was on my mock paper, I probaly know it best out of all the themes :D

• Advertisement

See people, this is what the leaving cert does to us.

Roll on the 17th, desperatley seeking social life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

witches decieve macbeth
    Mac & Lady make Duncan think theyre loyal servants
    macbeth & Lm decieve everybody into believe servants committed recicide
    Macbeth decieves banquo by inviting him to banquet & then sending thoes lovely fellas to kill him and his kid
    Macbeth a victim of deception?
    witches true power lies in their ability to deceive? ( i think their power lies in the beards)
    you could also say Macbeth & lady Macbeth deceive themselves they can get away with murder when they both know they cant (Lady Macbeth is a little bit more naive on this point i think)

bit of a mess but pick a few points do a paragraph on each and youd be fine

Deception was on my mock paper, I probaly know it best out of all the themes :D
    Care to impart some knowledge? :)

witches decieve macbeth
    Mac & Lady make Duncan think theyre loyal servants
    macbeth & Lm decieve everybody into believe servants committed recicide
    Macbeth decieves banquo by inviting him to banquet & then sending thoes lovely fellas to kill him and his kid
    Macbeth a victim of deception?
    witches true power lies in their ability to deceive? ( i think their power lies in the beards)
    you could also say Macbeth & lady Macbeth deceive themselves they can get away with murder when they both know they cant (Lady Macbeth is a little bit more naive on this point i think)

bit of a mess but pick a few points do a paragraph on each and youd be fine
    <3

<3

glad to help now if you can magically put some quotes in my head id appreciate it a lot

• Advertisement

There's a thread full of them.... Go to Macbeth important quotes third page...

errlloyd wrote: »
    There's a thread full of them.... Go to Macbeth important quotes third page...

that requiers studying i tend to mix all the quotes up...not my strong point i know the play inside out unfortunatly not the quotes, im only gonna use one liners in the syntax of the sentences & then hopefully be able to muster up at least one long one

I used to be kinda "scared" (For want of a better word) of studying quotes too but then I actually tried it, its piss you just need to learn how your memory works.

Like I learned those 12 virtues of kingship in like 2 minutes. Which is sick.

Justice
    Temperance
    Verity
    Bounty
    Stableness
    Perseverance
    Mercy
    Lowliness
    Devotion
    Patience
    Courage
    Fortitude

Just keep testing yourself till you get them. If not you can use some tricks, such as locational memory or memory linkage.

Yup there's pages of them, I'd say the most important are:

Come you spirits, unsex me here and fill me from crown to toe top full of direst cruelty.

I have no spur...but only vaulting ambition.

I dare do all that may become a man.

A little water clears us of this deed.

Nought's had, all's spent, where our desire is got without content.

We have scorched the snake, not killed it.

The affliction of these terrible dreams that shake us nightly.

We are yet but young in deed.

Here's the smell of blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Fair is foul and foul is fair, hover through the fog and the filthy air.

Brave Macbeth.

O valiant cousin, o worthy gentleman.

What he hath lost, noble Macbeth hath won.

Let not light see my black and deep desires.

We will proceed no further in this business.

Is this a dagger which I see before me?

Hear it not, Duncan, for it is a knell that summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

Most sacriligeous murder hath broke ope The Lord's anointed temple.

None of woman born shall harm Macbeth.

The castle of Macduff I will surprise, give to the edge of the sword his wife.

Our castle's strength will laugh a siege to scorn.

The devil himself could not pronounce a title more hateful to mine ear.

Learn a couple of those and you'll be flying it!

Advertisement