Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half price Ipods in Tesco

• 03-06-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I got myself a 4GB Ipod nano in Tesco today for half price, i.e. €69.50. There is also an Ipod classic 160GB for €174.00, which is also half price.

F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Which Tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Where??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

pic or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

pic or gtfo

says the guy that had multiple boards accounts (xbox36016/golfguy/netopia789) who was creating bullshít threads constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Snap up those 160GB Classics as the current gen ones are only 120GB.
    I've had mine 18 months and still got acres of room for more music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

not available in tesco clarehall anyway.
    someone owes me petrol money :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

apple control the pricing of ipods, if they were being sold 1/2 price, tesco would be cut off as a stockist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

These must be old gen iPods if the 160GB is half price. Unless it is a typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

pic or gtfo

This is not After Hours. If you have nothing better to add then don't bother posting. Back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

If this is true ill be getting a friend in carlow to get me a 160gb one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

I got mine in Tesco in Thurles. They had quite a few left. The 160GB version is the larger older style, the 4GB one I got for 69.50 is the Nano one, it's really small. Dunno why you'd think I'd lie about this offer, don't think it's only in Thurles. What do you want me to do scan in the receipt?

Call Tesco in Thurles tomorrow and ask if they have any left.....

F

Ok I took a couple of piccies for you sceptics. I just removed my card details from the receipt. The number for the Thurles Store is on the receipt, they had quite a few left behind the Customer Service desk this afternoon.

Good Luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Tescos Newcastle West, 4G Nano 69.99 Thanks a Million.:D

Thanks for that Munster Mad, so I'm not going mad after all!!!!! Although you paid 49c more than me!!!
    Enjoy.........

Was there any iPod Touches?

Dman001 wrote: »
    Was there any iPod Touches?

Not in Thurles anyway... only the 2 I mentioned, also no choice of colours, silver or silver only.

F

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

apple control the pricing of ipods, if they were being sold 1/2 price, tesco would be cut off as a stockist

Tesco have done this before. 33% off last time, AFAIR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Was just in Tesco, Coonagh Cross trying to get one of these - customer service is closed until the morning so she was unable to tell me if they had any - she thinks the only ipods they sell there though are the iPod Shuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Its all old stock from 2007 line up, not worth chasing. Expect even newer iPods in next few weeks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't expect new ipods until september, to be honest not much has changed since the 07/08 lineup (the ones on offer here) and the current 08/09 models except for the nano, at heart they have mostly the same features, so well worth the half price if you can get 'em.

• Advertisement

If they were selling a 32GB Touvch for €340, that would be €170. Even though they are old gen, I think they would be worth that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Surprised they still have these in stock, the new ones have been out since September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can anyone confirm if there are any available in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Picked up the last 3rd Gen Nano(square one) in Tesco Wilton Cork. Cost me €70 for 4GB silver. They still have the 2nd Gen 8GB out there but not sure if that worth picking up to be honest doesnt play video. Tesco Extra Douglas didn't have any offers as they only carry the new iPods and there's no offers on those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 holyjoe

the op should change the title or first post to indicate these are last gen
    ipods not current ones. save reading through all the posts before finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

i really want one of the 3rd gen ipod nanos, anybody come across any of the 8gb models, if so, how much and where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Darwin

i really want one of the 3rd gen ipod nanos, anybody come across any of the 8gb models, if so, how much and where?

Got a 3rd gen 8GB in Tesco Portlaoise for 69.50 :D (pic attached) Only trouble is its pink but at this price who cares. It wasn't easy to find in the store but I was told I got the last one. Thanks OP good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

very good, that is very pink! would have picked it up myself having said that for that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Anybody been to Tesco Maynooth or Celbridge ? Do they have any left ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Stupid merrion tesco don't stock electronics.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Anybody been to Tesco Maynooth or Celbridge ? Do they have any left ??

I second this. I could walk to the one in Cellbridge but I'm waiting on a phone call in work.

center15 wrote: »
    Picked up the last 3rd Gen Nano(square one) in Tesco Wilton Cork. Cost me €70 for 4GB silver. They still have the 2nd Gen 8GB out there but not sure if that worth picking up to be honest doesnt play video. Tesco Extra Douglas didn't have any offers as they only carry the new iPods and there's no offers on those.

I think the one I got yesterday is a 3rd gen, it's square and plays videos. Not that I care all I want is music while I'm at the gym so I'm happy with mine for 69.50.

F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Darwin

A couple of 4GB Nanos left in Tesco New Ross this evening. They are all silver some 3rd gens, some 2nd gens (I think) all at @ 69.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

They have them in Youghal. I went out today after seeing this thread just to see. I got one for myself and one each for the folks - 8gb €69.50. Perfect for just walking etc.

They only seemed to have pink left (I couldn't care less about the colour) and only had 2/3 remaining at around 5pm.

Advertisement