Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definite Macbeth question that needs to be discussed

Options
  • 03-06-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

"The relationship between porter and old man has had its ups and downs"

Discuss

9000 marks

Comments

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

That was pretty hysterical OP, anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In Macbeth we see an interesting portrait of the working class painted by Willian Shakespeare. As we know when James II took the throne in Britain many of the working class were just beginning to get to grips with theater. Shakespeare was creating this as a work of propaganda for the new monarch

The porter represents the old way of life for the working class....

I lose interest, but I think I could do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

"seyton a man of few words" 12000 words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

errlloyd wrote: »
    In Macbeth we see an interesting portrait of the working class painted by Willian Shakespeare. As we know when James II took the throne in Britain many of the working class were just beginning to get to grips with theater. Shakespeare was creating this as a work of propaganda for the new monarch

The porter represents the old way of life for the working class....

I lose interest, but I think I could do it.

No, we don't. You do know theatre was the biggest form of public entertainment for centuries before this right? Medieval plays, Greek tragedies etc.

For the sake of your own grades please read around before you make a completely factual guess and try to pass it off as a definite fact as well as encompassing the poor examiner and anyone else into it by claiming that "we" know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Gi joe! wrote: »
    "The relationship between porter and old man has had its ups and downs"

Discuss

9000 marks
    LOL

Between you, me and the OP, I hear Duncan's sexuality is a sure thing for tomorrow's paper.

LOL

Between you, me and the OP, I hear Duncan's sexuality is a sure thing for tomorrow's paper.

AHAHHAHA yeah its either that or the question of what macbeth really did with the bearded ladies when he visited them on his own

AHAHHAHA yeah its either that or the question of what macbeth really did with the bearded ladies when he visited them on his own
    LMAO that's gold

Menteith's affair with Caithness is a sure thing. Those minxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What a jip.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Fad wrote: »
    That was pretty hysterical OP, anymore?

Sure! got another one bout a guy who tries to look cool by being sarcastic!;)

• Advertisement

Sure! got another one bout a guy who tries to look cool by being sarcastic!;)
    o.O

(I so didn't catch his sarcasm)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

What is Macbeth's first name?

9001 marks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Analyse the role of Caithness in Macbeth?

BLARG wrote: »
    What is Macbeth's first name?

9001 marks.

BRAVE DUH

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

LMAO that's gold

Menteith's affair with Caithness is a sure thing. Those minxes

Old man and Ben Burton from Philadelphia Here I Come share many similarities. Discuss

Old man and Ben Burton from Philadelphia Here I Come share many similarities. Discuss
    If you tied in Cannon Mick O Byrne there'd be a definite A1 to be had

Kathy Doogan - Trollop?

Discuss

im disappointed in myself im going to study

Kathy Doogan - Trollop?

Discuss

im disappointed in myself im going to study
    LOL more like Kathy Doogan - Golddigger

Snobby b!tch was too good for Gar's egg money

LOL more like Kathy Doogan - Golddigger

Snobby b!tch was too good for Gar's egg money

HAHAHHAAHA just had an amazing idea

you could link the eggs gars egg money & murderer one when they kill Macduffs family and the quality insult "WHAT YOU EGG?"

LOL

Murderer one was an integral part of the play...

I must look over my character notes on him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Koushki

o.O

(I so didn't catch his sarcasm)

and lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Brimmy wrote: »
    No, we don't. You do know theatre was the biggest form of public entertainment for centuries before this right? Medieval plays, Greek tragedies etc.

For the sake of your own grades please read around before you make a completely factual guess and try to pass it off as a definite fact as well as encompassing the poor examiner and anyone else into it by claiming that "we" know it.

Yeah I have actually been to Epidauros and seen the 15,000 capacity theater there, I like the way you destroyed that but not the rest of my answer. Do you think I wasn't making it all up?

I study Greek Tragedy for Classical studies. I know Medea better than I know Macbeth.

Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

errlloyd wrote: »
    Yeah I have actually been to Epidauros and seen the 15,000 capacity theater there, I like the way you destroyed that but not the rest of my answer. Do you think I wasn't making it all up?

I study Greek Tragedy for Classical studies. I know Medea better than I know Macbeth.

I can't really challenge anything else you said because it's a sweeping introduction really and you haven't proved what you claimed nor have you disproven it. I was only pointing out a blatant falsity. Apologies if it seemed harsh but better you make the mistake now rather than tomorrow.

Anyway I am far too old to be in this thread but hoping to get a H-Dip after my MA so I may be back in two years :P Good luck to all of you though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Did anybody else think Macbeth was gay for a while? He should really have had a stable of women, or at least a few mistresses????

i love this thread

but im now thinking with recent events maybe its time to start considering some of these questions

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

i love this thread

but im now thinking with recent events maybe its time to start considering some of these questions

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

i love this thread

:confused::confused::confused: recent events :confused::confused::confused:

pathway33 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused: recent events :confused::confused::confused:

apparently theirs a rumor that some idiot in louth burned paper 2 so now me have to ring 1800713913 and scream abuse otherwise your not allowed sit your leaving cert
    TRUE STORY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement