Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE CHOICE

• 03-06-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭

Anyone know the name of the classical music that does be on on RTE Choice on Tuesday nights between midnight and half 12?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Anyone know the name of the classical music that does be on on RTE Choice on Tuesday nights between midnight and half 12?:confused:

Why not mail entertainmentonline@rte.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ronan Kelly RTE

Hi -

If it was on from Midnight to 12.30, then it was backup music which is automatically played in the event of the main programme failing.

The programme which should have been on then was news from Radio Poland. The outage may have been caused by technical or operational failures on our end or in some part of the chain from Warsaw.

The music is an Elgar piece performed by the RTE Symphony Orchestra. I can get the exact title when I am work.

If you would like to have the title or inform us of other outages, please write to choice@rte.ie

Ronan Kelly, RTE Choice digital radio

www.rte.ie/digitalradio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Thanks Ronan, I like the music!

It happens quite a bit, normally around the same time.

Thanks - we'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Hi Ronan,

Thanks for answering the query. However, if you would like to reply on behalf of RTE Choice, it'd be better that you had a commercial membership.

You can find the details here: http://www.boards.ie/contact.php

this just means that we can be confident you are who you say you are etc etc.

thanks! and after you get the comm. membership (I believe it's free) please post here as much as you can.

tbh.

• Advertisement

Thanks - we'll check it out.

Hello Ronan I looked at the RTE site but could not find a schedule for the extra digital stations, dose one exist?

Also if you run through the schedule of say RTE Radio 1 why is not every show mentioned on the schedule incorporated with a link to the relevent site, ie Liveline
    Conversation and phone-in with Joe Duffy. To contact the show, call 1850 715 815 (ROI CallSave) or 0800 614 616 (NI Freephone).
    Run the cursor over Liveline and you can click into the Liveline site.

I hope Ronan you stck around Boards.ie and I enjoyed the Capitol D segment.

Pity RTE International never got off the ground and that the RTE Player is geoblocked.

Regards JD

If you go to the main Radio site there's a red banner for digital radio. Click on that and you'll get to the schedules.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/index.html

I'll mention your suggestion about the links to the web people.

If you go to the main Radio site there's a red banner for digital radio. Click on that and you'll get to the schedules.

Hi Ronan,
    Thanks for that I'll have a look at that.

BTW Enjoyed your show on Walton's music shop. Heard it twice. Liked the drum sticks bit especially.

Regards from a big RTE fan in Belgium.

Hi Ronan,
    Got that thanks, dosen't exactly jump out at you, why not have it incorporated on the schedules on the main radio page. Like anything sometimes the people designing websites don't think of the common denominator and work from there.

Anyway that RTE Choice looks like a great little niche radio station so good luck with that.

Advertisement