Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on repairs/upkeep

Options
  • 03-06-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

I have an issue with my landlady. The house I am renting is badly in need of painting especially the kitchen and sittingroom - it obviously hasnt been done in years. I had a routine inspection (the property is managed through an agent) last week and as I showed the girl round I pointed out how bad it is and she completley agreed.

The other issue is that there is a 3 seater couch which cannot be used to sit on (I gather this is the point of couches?!) because it has massive springs sticking out of it and it has been stuffed with sheets of cardboard. I asked could I get rid of the couch (no cost to the landlady, I am not asking for another couch as I had to get a replacement already) in fact I would prob have to pay for it to be taken away.

Anyway - long story short, she has refused to paint and has also refused to allow me to get rid of the couch. I cant understand her attitude, as we always pay our rent on time, never have trouble with neighbours/noise etc and all we really want it to make the house look nice.

So my question is - what can I do now? Are there any guidlines out there on what is acceptable for the state of the furniture ( I expect it has to be functional) Im really annoyed about this! The couch is stuffed into my sisters room as there is no where else to put it, and she is getting fed up!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement