Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EVO X FQ400

• 03-06-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

I want one, whats everyone think? Is it a bit chav looking?

tn_PSevo4-L.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I think it's one of the few cars you could buy that would surpass the RS4 in terms of coolness(in my book)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I'd have one if I had the means!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭UhOh

looks great but over here your talking M3 or GTR money. I'd have either of those over the FQ400. Servicing intervals on it will be ridiculous aswell

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

UhOh wrote: »
    looks great but over here your talking M3 or GTR money. I'd have either of those over the FQ400. Servicing intervals on it will be ridiculous aswell

not much different to the M3 or the GTR imo.

i serviced my old Evo 5 every 4500 miles, and changed the AYC/Diff oil every 9000 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

So rare here though, thats what I like about it

• Advertisement

MSporty wrote: »
    So rare here though, thats what I like about it

that and the smile that would be on your face every morning :D
    i would love one?

would i go for one over an E92 M3.....i dont know?
    whats the price range on them at the moment?

kceire wrote: »
    that and the smile that would be on your face every morning :D
    i would love one?

would i go for one over an E92 M3.....i dont know?
    whats the price range on them at the moment?

Its faster than an M3, that would be the main selling point IMHO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

The interior would be a big let down coming from the Audi, but then again, you might prefer the EVO one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

Its faster only when its on boost, m3 would be quicker in everyday use IMO. Also the turning circle would be crap and the ride would be harsher than an M3. Interior of an M3 would be nicer. better seats etc.

M3 has a V8 too, easy decision :D although the Evo is a great car and, as you say, ultimately faster.

maybe its because ive already owned an evo and been in many of the new shape evo's, i love them, and would buy another tomorrow but if i had serious money to spend on a car i would be looking at E60 M5 or E92 M3, although the Evo X is a beast of a car and you deffo will not be disappointed with one :D

iirc the interier of the X is better and more refined than previous evo's.

• Advertisement

Haven't had a fast jap car yet, I think it would be a good introduction to the world of fast jap cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I think you'd really miss the noise of your V8, with half the cylinders.

Nice car, but for that kind of money (50k stg), i'd be after:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/984355.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

there pricey alright i can only find 5 for sale one is €40,000 (think this one has a bit of ehh..history)and another 4 are new between 65k and 69k! not sure are they the fq400 though,im sure i saw one advertised for 25k sterling,but the vrt is around €23,000!

FQ-400 is 50k sterling.

Massive money for that car, considering the price of a new uk GT-R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

daRobot wrote: »
    I think you'd really miss the noise of your V8, with half the cylinders.

Nice car, but for that kind of money (50k stg), i'd be after:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/984355.htm

My god yes, saw a C5 RS6 in Galway today, amazing! But 680bhp, I need that in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

*Tripper* wrote: »
    My god yes, saw a C5 RS6 in Galway today, amazing! But 680bhp, I need that in my life.

An estate :eek: come on, who picks an estate over a rally car/supercar? Great power and all, but the EVO X looks like something out of Transformers :D

That FQ400 is seriously rapid and with the state of roads here its the perfect machine.They are dsg/ fancy auto box with launch control? So you get 0-60 in 4 secs or less everytime you floor it? It would take something seriously special to beat that at the lights, if thats the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    It would take something seriously special to beat that at the lights, if thats the case!

Yes indeed, which is the only reason anyone spends 50K on a car, unless they are more than 12 years old.

Which, oddly, most people with tens of thousands to spend on a car are.

Zube wrote: »
    Yes indeed, which is the only reason anyone spends 50K on a car, unless they are more than 12 years old.

Which, oddly, most people with tens of thousands to spend on a car are.

I know, im a child :D

Why else who you buy an EVO X? of course your going to show off/drive fast, thats what they are designed to do! Why buy one if your not going to have fun with it and bring it to track days and so on.Call me a child all you want, but I would more than happy to take on anyone at the lights with a FQ 400, fun fun :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Call me a child all you want, but I would more than happy to take on anyone at the lights with a FQ 400, fun fun :p

You can take me on anytime.

And win!

My 40K went on an S-Max diesel, and someday you're going to need something like that, so enjoy your years in a rally car, if your back can stick it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Re-map that S max diesel and the EVO X would get a fright at the traffic lights :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

FQ-400 would be class, and I'd love to see if they've sorted a few issues from the last one. But I couldn't part with £50k sterling for one knowing that only 8 more thousand would land me the new GTR. And in 4 years time the GTR will still be both in demand and worth a fair few bob, the FQ400 won't as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

In the back of the Motoring News, there are two EVO X road cars for sale, one for 33K euro and the other for 31k euro. Both are in Germany though, so VRT's extra.

I'd manage without the last 60hp or so and get one of them instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Isnt it 2.5k to tax it every year also?

Isnt it 2.5k to tax it every year also?

I like the GTR aswell, something a bit more down to earth about the EVO. Most woulnd be able to tell its got 400hp. Imagine all the eejits you could beat in the traffic light grand prix! :D

Biro wrote: »
    FQ-400 would be class, and I'd love to see if they've sorted a few issues from the last one. But I couldn't part with £50k sterling for one knowing that only 8 more thousand would land me the new GTR. And in 4 years time the GTR will still be both in demand and worth a fair few bob, the FQ400 won't as much.

Yeah but its closest competiton are still more expensive!! Of course the sophistacted and clever guys will go the M3's, GTR's, Merc AMG etc, but the lunatics who just wants to be faster than nearly anything on circuit and from the lights will go FQ 400 :D

Dont agree with you on the GTR holding value, just look at the 300ZX!! They can be had for nothing now.Bit crazy anyway thinking about trade in value for a performance machine :pac:

The guys that buy FQ 400's are the guys who are really into performance cars, I wouldn't buy one myself either, but you have to respect them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 david2.8i

unreal.............:cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

The FQ400 has a three year or 36,000 mile warranty, jesus if I was in that I'd cover 36k in a month!

Msporty

If you're getting a bit bored with your RS4, then perhaps this may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkX8GS5FoY

• Advertisement

Msporty

If you're getting a bit bored with your RS4, then perhaps this may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkX8GS5FoY

^^^

That still wouldn't beat an fq 400 round a track :D

If they minimise the turbo lag and fix the mid range torque the Evo fq 400 will be substantially quicker than an M3/RS4 around a track/ back road and not far behind a GTR as well ( which is by far the best bang for buck out of the poor mans super car :P )

Yeah but its closest competiton are still more expensive!! Of course the sophistacted and clever guys will go the M3's, GTR's, Merc AMG etc, but the lunatics who just wants to be faster than nearly anything on circuit and from the lights will go FQ 400 :D

Dont agree with you on the GTR holding value, just look at the 300ZX!! They can be had for nothing now.Bit crazy anyway thinking about trade in value for a performance machine :pac:

The guys that buy FQ 400's are the guys who are really into performance cars, I wouldn't buy one myself either, but you have to respect them:D

You can't compare the 300ZX. Look at the price of an E30 M3 compared to a 5 series from that era. To show you what the GTR will be in the region of in a few years, look at 6 year old Skyline R34 GTR's.

I like the GTR aswell, something a bit more down to earth about the EVO. Most woulnd be able to tell its got 400hp. Imagine all the eejits you could beat in the traffic light grand prix! :D
    That would be great for you, imagine beating all the VAG drivers.
    All the TDi drivers must be shivering, just waiting for you at the lights. Just imagine!

cashmni1 wrote: »
    That would be great for you, imagine beating all the VAG drivers.
    All the TDi drivers must be shivering, just waiting for you at the lights. Just imagine!

Suppose being from Cork you probably drive a TDi and think its a supercar :D

Suppose being from Cork you probably drive a TDi and think its a supercar :D
    Unlike your good self, I do not get the whole racing from the lights thing. Maybe its just me but I think its just childish or whatever, don't really care. I do care when I am being accused of being a Traffic lights GP racer just because I drive a VAG product.
    I accept the fact that a LOT of TDI drivers behave like this, but I do not. Let me say it again. I do not.
    I like cars, all types really. I especially like high end cars and performance cars. We all do here (as far as I can make out anyway). I would love to be in a position where I could own a really fast car, but alas, I'm not. (your RS4 is lovely too, btw)
    Anyway, I just hate being tared with the same brush as the idiots that think they are driving something special when they are not.
    I never said that I drive a super car and I shouldn't have to explain why i drive a Diesel car either.

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Unlike your good self, I do not get the whole racing from the lights thing. Maybe its just me but I think its just childish or whatever, don't really care. I do care when I am being accused of being a Traffic lights GP racer just because I drive a VAG product.
    I accept the fact that a LOT of TDI drivers behave like this, but I do not. Let me say it again. I do not.
    I like cars, all types really. I especially like high end cars and performance cars. We all do here (as far as I can make out anyway). I would love to be in a position where I could own a really fast car, but alas, I'm not. (your RS4 is lovely too, btw)
    Anyway, I just hate being tared with the same brush as the idiots that think they are driving something special when they are not.
    I never said that I drive a super car and I shouldn't have to explain why i drive a Diesel car either.

I was only joking

• Advertisement

I was only joking
    Cool beans - didn't mean to come across all defensive - which is what it read like when I re-read the post after posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

having a evo ix i can understand why people are liking the x power and comfort together.
    my evo is irish non jap thank god as you just dont know what your buying ,

having a evo ix i can understand why people are liking the x power and comfort together.
    my evo is irish non jap thank god as you just dont know what your buying ,

Whats the BHP if you don't mind me asking? And do you get loads of idiots on the road trying to take you on?

Whats the BHP if you don't mind me asking? And do you get loads of idiots on the road trying to take you on?

FQ300 buddy asfaik 306 bhp
    standard no mods straight from the factory .

and yes loads of donkeys . everyone from all walks of life ,
    business men , boy racers in punto's' civics and golfs tdi gti red i muppets.

i'm 30 and i know what its cappable of and would like to keep my licence .

thats why the woman drives it most week ends if its brought out.

FQ300 buddy asfaik 306 bhp
    standard no mods straight from the factory .

and yes loads of donkeys . everyone from all walks of life ,
    business men , boy racers in punto's' civics and golfs tdi gti red i muppets.

i'm 30 and i know what its cappable of and would like to keep my licence .

thats why the woman drives it most week ends if its brought out.

Ha, its the same people who try to race me, depends on the mood im in and what type of road it is, I sometimes let them have it. Is it manual or paddle shift?

• Advertisement

manual buddy, its a IX not an x

dont think i could drive a paddle shift

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nameandanumber

Holy jaysus :eek:

That's some acceleration...

Advertisement