Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Garden Design tool

Options
  • 03-06-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/design/virtualgarden_index.shtml

It's pretty basic but a nice little free utility to get you started if you're redesigning your garden as I am. Windows and Mac versions (the Windows one will work in Wine under Linux thankfully).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You know, I've tried that tool, and I've also tried the Google Drawing programme.

They're fun to play with, but just as you really get into it, you come up against their shortcomings! Definitely fun to do things like select 'decking' and see what it'd look like proportionally in the size you want it - but a piece of graph paper and a sketch pencil still works better for me in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

cnet.com has quite a few to play with, from free to use to trial versions, some professional gardeners use this site a lot.

Advertisement