Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This looks interesting, Tunecore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Has anyone heard of or used this service?
    http://www.tunecore.com/

Yes I have been on it for a year now. I like the service it is tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

Have created an account there. Uploading our tracks soon. Looks about the best of similar sights I have come across so far..concise and user friendly.

Very simple streamlined interface, the only bad thing is waiting 6-8 weeks before you music goes live. If you make a mistake after uploading to the online stores the only way back is to cancel your upload with tunecore and start the process all over again, happend to me and it sucked. You also have to pay a small fee to view international sales records. You can add singles at any time which is very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I went on to the site thinking I could buy directly from the site but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Dav, if you don't mind me asking, have you had many sales on it?

I went on to the site thinking I could buy directly from the site but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Dav, if you don't mind me asking, have you had many sales on it?

I haven't had many sales on it but I have had some sales. I just made the album and once it was launched I decided to just keep it online and see what happens. Every 2 months Tunecore send you a sales report and yes you do make money. This last year I made around 90$. That is nothing but sure I am not gigging or promoting the album in any way, it is just there, and if people fall upon it and buy a track or two then fair play to them.

'The Elektrik Pulse' is the artist name I go under for Electronica and the album is called 'Space Baby'.... it was my first mastered electronica album and I am very proud that I seen it to the end unlike many a musicians unfinished symphonies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Fair play Dav. It must be a great feeling to have fully produced recorded and mastered all your own songs, and then to have them sell to complete strangers.

The thing that always amazed me about performing your own songs for an audience, was how they might love a song that you aren't that mad about.

Then you get up to play what you think (as in me) is fantastic and they aren't interested.

Which leads me to....Can Tunecore give you any personal info on the people who have bought your record, so that you can contact them (artist stalks fan) and see what they liked or didn't like about your stuff?

Can Tunecore give you any personal info on the people who have bought your record, so that you can contact them (artist stalks fan) and see what they liked or didn't like about your stuff?

Yeah it is a great feeling to get your music out there and between making the music getting it mastered and releasing it the entire process can take some time, add a few errors in the mix and boom 9 months later it goes live. To answer your question you are told what Country your music was sold in and how many copies the client bought but you don't get any more info. I like Tune core, the staff are helpful and there are no hidden traps to fall into. Music is there to be discovered so maybe one day mine will catch on with some community so in the meantime I will get back to business and maybe even start my own blues rock band along the way (dying to play music with people, way too much technology time these days)

Advertisement