Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet too High after tiling

Options
  • 03-06-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

We have just had to bathroom tiled and there is a box where all the pipes go and this is also tiled in. The problem is now that when I went to put the toilet back in it is too high is there anything out there that I can get to sort this out?

Regards
    Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Tony255 wrote: »
    Hi,

We have just had to bathroom tiled and there is a box where all the pipes go and this is also tiled in. The problem is now that when I went to put the toilet back in it is too high is there anything out there that I can get to sort this out?

Regards
    Tony

I presume you mean the waste does not line up!!
    Depends on the height difference but if it is only a tile + adhesive either an off-set or flexible multiwick.... both readily available!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

MiniGolf wrote: »
    I presume you mean the waste does not line up!!
    Depends on the height difference but if it is only a tile + adhesive either an off-set or flexible multiwick.... both readily available!:D

+1 We are presuming you mean the waste connection. You just need an offset pan connector as said. Try this first as some of the flexis push hard against the pan.

If your pipe is a 90 deg you will need to shove the head of the offset one into the one you have if this makes sense!

Dont worry it happens to loads of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Just been there and done that, the 90º pan connector needs to be raised a bit, just pull it up from the waste pipe, I assume its no more than an inch. The cistern may need new holes drilled in the wall to hold it, don't be tempted to screw at an angle into the old holes, you risk cracking the porcelain.

Advertisement