Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying home or uk

• 03-06-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi im thinking of buying a used car, maybe a toyota avensis verso hopefully, they are very dear here and i was wondering has anybody bought a car from the uk, and how did the transaction go do. if i bought out of a garage in uk would i have come back. and how does vrt work and will i need to nct it when i get it back here.
    IS IT WORTH THE HASSEL. cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

thank u very much thats what i was looking 4, pretty much what i thinking cheers man 4 ur help

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

You can check the VRT on this website -

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

cheers guys ur quick with ur answers thats great. fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

problem is Irish buyers are going to the UK and snapping up anything Toyota that runs on diesel. you may have to look hard to get a cheap one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

only value i can see in uk at the minute nearly new saab, and not too many lloking for them. think they use the same diesel as the alfa 159. nice engine.
    what you looking at thecross1?

i was thinking of three makes tbh toyota 1st choice and then volvo or sabb not 2 sure im going through autotrder all the time

it looks like there are some great deals to be had though. i sold my car last week so i need a car soon im not majorly pushed just yet im holding off 4 the right 1, as i can use the bus 4 now free travel coming in handy (no not a docket pass)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 j&f

I bought bmw 320 cd last year in uk saved a heap of money compared to bmw dealers here, there was no warranty but if you know a bit about cars or bring someone with you you should be ok. A good website is Autoquake lots of info and pics, car giant and big motoring world are also good, www.autotrader.co.uk is very good as it covers all of uk both private and garages. Hope it works out as well as it did for me

If you're looking at an Avensis Verso, what Saab or Volvo is in the same category?

• Advertisement

jf cheers 4 that im looking carefully anyway

colm i dont think there are any verso volvo or saab in the same catagorie but the verso is my 1st choice if i find the right 1 because of the 7 seats. but im also looking at the volvo or saab because i like them i just happen to think they are very good cars. but the verso is the 1 i think ill end up getting because of the space. but only if i get the right 1. at the moment i could buy really cheap top the range cars 4 next to nothing but i wasnt sure what way it worked when i brought the car back here. now i have a really good idea of whats what

Just figured if you want/need 7 seats, then you'd be looking purely at 7 seaters :)

If you buy something because it looks like a bargain, while ignoring the practicalities, you may end up having to sell the car over here, then you'll realise why the car was so cheap in the UK in the first place...

also a volvo or saab i can get a saloon that would have enough space 4 me

yea u are right that is a concern 4 me and i will be taking that into consideration but i think what ever happens ill get a bargin in uk cheers 4 advice

Advertisement