Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK week 10

Options
  • 03-06-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

So was he right?

So who should have gone? Multi Choice Question 70 votes

Debra
    0% 0 votes
    James
    20% 14 votes
    Lorraine
    28% 20 votes
    Yasmina
    34% 24 votes
    Kate
    17% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yasmina to win

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The right people got through.
    Nice to see they're moving beyond the "organise an event" task for the last task.
    Looks like there is lots more involved.

By the way, the finale is on Sunday night....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ah jaysus not Yasmina, anyone but her, although the rest weren't up to it either, so I'm assuming Kate will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I guess although I'm kinda underwhelmed by the finalists this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

James and Lorraine definitely should have gone - they were both very lucky to get that far.
    Debra probably should have been fired long before tonight but of all the candidates she's the one who improved the most. She became much more likeable and less aggressive in the last two or three weeks and she came across very well on the You're Fired! show. So I was a little sad to see her go. I think a Debra/Yasmina final would have been very interesting.

Of the two left, I think Kate will win but I would prefer Yasmina to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think anybody that sits through a round of interviews like that should be given the job there and then!

They didn't seem to be as harsh on them this year though. I was wondering why there was a new guy doing the interviews instead of the usual cheeky chappy Paul Kemsley. Seems his business has gone bust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I was hoping they would show more of the actual interviews last night. I don't think there's usually 5 for the interviews, it's usually 4 I think, so they had a lot to squeeze in I suppose. They should put the full length interviews online!

I thought Debra would get through to the final with Kate. Kate's voice grinds on me a little, I don't like her accent and she talks really slowly. Still, that's nothing to do with her ability so it was right that she went through. My money's on Kate to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

Good show last night. I don't think anyone would have expected James to come through the interviews and make the final, and of the other four I think Lorraine was certainly the most vulnerable, so I wan't surprised she was let go. While I definitely thought Kate and Yasmina would make it to the final, I do think SAS could see potential in Debra if he could chip away that course exterior front she puts on. For a few minutes last night I was predicting a three-way final to fight it out.

Of the two left, I think Kate is in pole position. She did really good interviews, has performed consistently well throughout is smart, savvy and intelligent. All they could find about her was an allegation that she was perhaps some sort of fraud, too perfect for the role; this though is something that SAS would surely balance against 10 weeks of trials (not so easy to fake it).

I think Yasmina may well lose out. She was badly rattled by calling herself a finance director and then showing herself to be confused over fundamentals like Gross and Net profit. In catering, the difference is huge, something like 65-70% vs 5-10%, so its not something she could be forgiven for. The many times she was challenged ‘Why do you need this when you have your own business’ could well play at the back of her mind over the final task.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have a question... in the promo for next weeks show, is it possible to figure out the winner from the direction SAS points when he says "You're Hired", or is it misdirection?

From the shot just before it,
    Yasmina
    is in that position....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mr E wrote: »
    I have a question... in the promo for next weeks show, is it possible to figure out the winner from the direction SAS points when he says "You're Hired", or is it misdirection?

Yasmina
    is in that position....
    You know I was just about to say the same....but I thought the opposite of who were suggesting he was pointing at :)

I knew Ben was going to be fired just from the trailer from the week before because of where he was seated at the end of the table!

Whats interesting about the interviews is, as Claude admitted last night, they are NOT interviews they are basically just a ruck, a mental test if you will. Very few people engage in discussion, they just stumble their way through it. Kate did the best as she is one of those types who has an answer for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Sizzler wrote: »
    You know I was just about to say the same....but I thought the opposite of who were suggesting he was pointing at :)

Yep I thought the same as you! And from last week's preview of last night's show it was obvious James was fired and also Debra, because they were at either end of the table.

Was a bit disappointed with last night's show, interviews are usually much more gritty. I think most of them handled them better than previous contestants...although it wasn't as fun to watch that way! Loved James, knew he would be torn apart in the interviews though, bless him!

Lorraine looked gorgeous on You're Fired, was surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Mr E wrote: »

Yasmina
    is in that position....

I noticed that too. At the end of the normal show, in the preview of the final, he points with his left hand. At the end of the you're fired show, they showed a preview & he pointed with his right hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They should just show a stock clip each week that has him pointing to the middle or something.

It used to be really obvious but they seem to have sorted it out to a certain extent now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It is a pity James was so stupid with his CVs. I think James often came up quite professional when not joking, and could really get to the point.

But I don't think you need to "Bring Ignorance to the Table", I think he was trying to bring ignorance to book.

You're Fired is the best part of this show IMO. I wonder if TV3 will do it next year, their was a suggestion that it would go out after The Apprentice on 3e. I think Adian Cooney could do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Completely mistifying choices by Alan Sugar this week.

Debra is the best of the bunch and is young enough to sort out.

Kate is a bland bottle blonde....all teeth and fake smiles....ten-a-penny in any recruitment agency or estate agents anywhere in the world. Why this moron is in the final, I will never know.

Yasmina painted herself as a self-made restaraunteur, but turned out to be a silver-spoon type who got given one from the parents.

James & Debra should be in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Right choice IMO but 3 things really made me laugh:

Yasmina's where did you get my accounts scene during the interview, god i LOL'd.

Alan Sugar making the interviewer guy look like a fool in the boardroom when he said that his mother had given him her life savings. I'd love to see was the interviewer guy come from a rich home.

And by far my biggest laugh of the season was Jo Brand in the after shop interview making yer one look like a muppet when she said someing along the lines of "I'm being fed your feminist agenda" and then ya one says well have you read my articles? Jo Brand No! but I will.

God that young one on the panel was some muppet and i'm so glad Jo Brand pulled her up on it. She just launched into that Man's world bull****. If a guy had acted like Debra everyone would be calling him a **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Completely mistifying choices by Alan Sugar this week.

Debra is the best of the bunch and is young enough to sort out.

Kate is a bland bottle blonde....all teeth and fake smiles....ten-a-penny in any recruitment agency or estate agents anywhere in the world. Why this moron is in the final, I will never know.

Yasmina painted herself as a self-made restaraunteur, but turned out to be a silver-spoon type who got given one from the parents.

James & Debra should be in the final.

To be blunt, Debra would be unbearable to work with. She seems to take pride in being powerful but at the expense of her being open to reason.

Kate is a little bit of sugar for Mr. Sugar, well taking into account a previous finalist:

michellePA240806_243x367.jpg

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/realitytv/the-apprentice/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=8333890&imageindex=6

The fact Yasmina was a person who'd got her hands dirty and opened a business won Alan over.

James was kept around for entertainment!

James and Debra should defiantly NOT be in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

James and Lorraine definitely should have gone - they were both very lucky to get that far.
    Debra probably should have been fired long before tonight but of all the candidates she's the one who improved the most. She became much more likeable and less aggressive in the last two or three weeks and she came across very well on the You're Fired! show. So I was a little sad to see her go. I think a Debra/Yasmina final would have been very interesting.

Of the two left, I think Kate will win but I would prefer Yasmina to win.

I do not want Yasmina to win. Feel the same about Debra, kinda felt sorry for her in the end when I learnt how young she was.Shes done amazingly well for being so young. She will go far, Sir Alan made a mistake firing her!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    I do not want Yasmina to win. Feel the same about Debra, kinda felt sorry for her in the end when I learnt how young she was.Shes done amazingly well for being so young. She will go far, Sir Alan made a mistake firing her!

Debra will never change. She will always act the bitch and will say that she has to be a bitch because she is a woman, and don't men get away with being the bastard. And of course that attitude was reinforced on "You're Fired".

**** off Debra, no one gets away with being a bully no matter what age they are. I am sure Debra is very nice to her friends but she needs to start being nice to everyone and knowing when isn't the time to be nice (usually when people like her are bullying you).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

i think kate will win the final,she had a good team picked in the promo for the finale. I think debra should be in the final. being that sucessful at that age i thought SAS would have snapped her up.

Advertisement