Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing Photos. What lens/camera?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

To answer my own question, it must be this:

http://www.dyxum.com/columns/articles/lenses/Peleng/Peleng_8mm_fisheye_review.asp

Regards,

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

There was an article with some of his pictures in today's Metro. The Metro is part of the Mail group. Your link has more and better pictures than were in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

wow, very nice pics...
    and yes, its a fish-eye lense. pretty expensive but beatifu pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Tried that before with a big bunch of ducks. My results were less impressive. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Really good pictures, fisheye lens is great for this effect but you have to
    get in really close like a couple of inches for them to be really successful, hence the long shutter release cable used. Love the dog shot :D

Fisheye lens can be expensive but you can get fisheye effect attachments which you put onto an ordinary lens and can get quite good results with, a lot cheaper tho!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Alsob whats less expensive but also a good lens to have is the likes of a Sigma 10-20mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I don't think that the lens he used is the Peleng one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Hi,
    Nice images there.

When I make the kids lunches/toast in the morning I throw the heels/crusts out into the back garden for the birds. Yesterday I managed to snap this from the window, the starlings have their fledglings with them these mornings, and the lazy buggers won't pick the bread off the ground.

C6CC6B5C2DF841E6B17E854CC1FD99C4.jpg

Its not a great shot,once again I forgot to check the all camera settings.
    Another shot at ground level with a wide angle and the same simple event, mom passes chunk of bread to offspring would be a cracker

Incidentally, anyone know how close will the sigma10-20 focus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Fisheye lens can be expensive but you can get fisheye effect attachments which you put onto an ordinary lens and can get quite good results with, a lot cheaper tho!
    What kind of money would one of those attachments be ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'd say its a zenitar 16mm rather then the peeling. The peeling is really really wide on full frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

cian1500ww wrote: »
    What kind of money would one of those attachments be ??

You can pick them up on ebay for about €30, see here

Anybody have any opinions on these? ever actualy used one?

Advertisement