Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portrait

Options
  • 03-06-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

hi i am a newbie to the tattoo scene i have one small one but ive had a portrait i have wanted for the past few years and was intrested in how i could go about geting it any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Check the online portfolios thing lots of good artists in it,jus make sure the pic ya have is good and clear(and ya pick the right guy/girl) so that the tat comes out as realistic as possible,if you dont mind travelling for it check out cecil porter and mike devries they do amazing colour realism stuff,dunno if I spelled the names right,but lots of irish artists put out good portraits just check the sites or call in with the pic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've seen some great work come out of JMD in Waterford. Definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

There was a similarly themed thread on this a week or 2 ago, but just to reiterate the point I made there, theres no tattoo artist at the moment in Ireland that I would 100% feel confident in doing a portrait on me.
    JMD's, while Joe is great at some styles, his portraits are his weakest point IMO.
    The artists Sweenox mentioned are great. There's also Bob Tyrell or Nikko Hurtado. Bez and Myth in the UK are top class also Jason Butcher.
    If you cant be bothered travelling and are willing to risk getting a good-but- not-great portrait JMD in Waterford and jani in Zulu would be the 2 I'd look into.

Here's a link to some awesome portraits (all Batman themed but anyway.....)
    http://batmantattoos.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-am-catwoman-hear-me-roar.html

I see Mariusz (ex-Snakebite) is listed there with a nice Joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jani is in that gallery with an old-school catwoman too!

Damn, that page is making me want a batman tattoo...

(I <3 Batman)

Advertisement