Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Elections Poll

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Went for:

1. O'Luain
    2. O'Keefe
    3. Harkin

and continued FG, IND etc.. until i ticked everybody except SF & Libertas

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Looks like it is very black or white with Ganley.
    He will not get many transfers.
    I cannot see him making on first preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Changed my mind in the end... you can make that -1 for Harkin and +1 for O'Keefe...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Based on what I'm reading on boards and politics.ie (neither of which will be very accurate, I know) it looks like Susan O'Keeffe might do better than everyone expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

snubbleste wrote: »
    Oh ok, i had a very blonde moment there :D

Yeah i'm voting for those who advocate a No to Lisbon, so Ganley, MacLochlainn and then some independents from me
    Your right so, definatly a blonde moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 crystal castle

Libertas will come and go like the mushroom it was. End of. Ganley has raised many questions. Big deal. People only add more to his aura by continually attempting to undermine him. What people tend to forget is that Lisbon was a bad deal for Ireland. We'd have been the last outpost of the EU. It didn't take Declan Ganley for us to realise that. I was going to vote no to lisbon long before i ever heard of libertas or declan ganley because I believed that it posed questions to our soverignty, those questions will be answered in the form of the declarations given to ireland and also the issue of tthe commissioner. And I for one will be happy to vote yes when I feel we are being protected.

But people who attack Ganley have to stop blaming him for showing up the government and organising a NO vote. It was a raw deal. Many people who saw that would have voted No anyways without swallowing the tripe the respective parties were feeding us because "thats who we've voted for since the foundation of the state." On the flip side Ganley and Sinn Fein should stop taking credit for the Irish people who voted no soley for the above.

Re: Europe -

I voted for all except SF and FF.

I didn't vote for Ganley either and I didn't feel the world to be any safer of a place after my ballot was cast. Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

What people tend to forget is that Lisbon was a bad deal for Ireland..
    I was going to vote no to lisbon long before i ever heard of libertas or declan ganley because I believed that it posed questions to our soverignty, those questions will be answered in the form of the declarations given to ireland and also the issue of tthe commissioner. .

how so?

both of your concerns are based on misconceptions and have been discussed to death on the European politics sub forum and debunked as false

next :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cornbb wrote: »
    Based on what I'm reading on boards and politics.ie (neither of which will be very accurate, I know) it looks like Susan O'Keeffe might do better than everyone expected.

She only raised the Labour vote by less the 2%, well down on the national swing to them. She was well short of a quota in the end, lowest vote of all the "partied" candidates, only a third of the libertas vote

ionix5891 wrote: »
    how so?

both of your concerns are based on misconceptions and have been discussed to death on the European politics sub forum and debunked as false

next :cool:

Well in my opinion, which is my vote and not the general concenus of you and your debunking, I felt Ireland would be left in a poor position by Lisbon. Along with the majority of the voting public may I add, which clearly rejected the treaty. Sadly for you, stupid people vote while people like you and your euro friends know what is really best for us except the idiot majority won't follow. As Churchhill said "democracy is the worst form of government until you try another one."

Debunk that my friend.

NEXT....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Well in my opinion, which is my vote and not the general concenus of you and your debunking, I felt Ireland would be left in a poor position by Lisbon. Along with the majority of the voting public may I add, which clearly rejected the treaty. Sadly for you, stupid people vote while people like you and your euro friends know what is really best for us except the idiot majority won't follow. As Churchhill said "democracy is the worst form of government until you try another one."

Debunk that my friend.

NEXT....
    Could you try saying why you think that so that somebody would have something to debunk!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

cooperguy wrote: »
    Could you try saying why you think that so that somebody would have something to debunk!!

they should rename the european politics forum to "mythbusters" :p mainly due to the amount of lies spun by these people

cooperguy wrote: »

I didn't mean it literally. Why do a lot of people interested in politics seems to have mild Asperger's syndrome.
    ionix5891 wrote: »
    they should rename the european politics forum to "mythbusters" mainly due to the amount of lies spun by these people

As to why someone would use a political forum as the basis of their denial of someone's opinion, and should be regarded as the center of power of Lisbon II is beyond me. Since you are doing such POWERFUL work over there, why not turn you're attention to a cure for Cancer? Examaine the way forward for CERN? Maybe solve the financial crisis? (I'd say you've already had a go at that one)

Lies? Spun? These People?

What lies? How can one's personal opinion be a lie? Explain that.

Spun? What am I spinning? I thought spinning involved influencing and distorting facts to suit your own ends? What are my ends? I didn't believe in D Ganley, I can't tolerate Sinn Fein? Where's the spin? Again, a personal opinion.

These people? Again, I don't belong to a particular group or have any ties to any organisation except, I like the majority of the electorate(54.3% stupid people) rejected lisbon and am prepared to explain why I did so?

When you want me to attempt to sum you up in one sentence, just say the word and i bet i'll be a hell of a lot more accurate than you're assumption of me.

Advertisement