Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Skateboard Should I Buy

Options
  • 03-06-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I'm 12 and starting to skate, does anyone know where I could buy good skating stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

G1 on O'Connell street or http://www.wreckless.ie/ are your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

I got my first board in Tommies, was the only board that didnt snap on me, had it for 4 years till it decomposed in the back yard :(

Get the cheapest board in G1, cant go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ramr132

got a question do most people use riser pads or not?and i am also new to all this which means i am very wobbley even skating around what bearings should i get in that case ?and should i upgrade to soft bushings if the ones on the trucks i buy are very hard?id appreciate the help thanks ladssmile.gif

I don't know anyone that anyone that uses riser pads.
    Bearing wont make you less wobbly, practice will. But if its speed that gets you, get a set of bones reds, typical for starters.
    Bushing are a thing of preference. You'd be better off leaving it for a while, 'till you find out what you're better with. Lose or tight trucks.
    Me, i like hard bushings on medium tightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

yeah i'd start off with bones reds, there the best bearings for that money, only €25 now i think. and with the riser pads i've never used dem and never heard of nebody using dem

• Advertisement

Just thinking, i could do with some rider pads. I get really bad wheel bite on big tricks and i can't tighten my trucks, simply because it does not feel nice.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

have a butchers at the powell golden dragons here:

http://shop.wreckless.ie/skateboard-supplies-complete-skateboards-c-87_38.html

great decks to get started on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 chappy_chap

skaterboy wrote: »
    I'm 12 and starting to skate, does anyone know where I could buy good skating stuff?

if your looking for skate stuff go have a look at skate city in templebar or you could go to g1 on o connell street, thats your best bet

DON'T GO TO SKATECITY!!
    I know people who have gotten some ropey stuff out of there. Their attitudes are not to be desired either.

Of course these are my views and not those of Boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

CianRyan wrote: »
    G1 on O'Connell street or http://www.wreckless.ie/ are your best bet.
    Thanks, I checked it out the other day, its awesome!! kinda creepy walking through the hallway, then the door with all the stickers, then you ring the bell =]

• Advertisement

I remember the first time i went in, it felt like i was being enrolled in a secret club or something. haha

CianRyan wrote: »
    I remember the first time i went in, it felt like i was being enrolled in a secret club or something. haha
    Yehh I Know its realll strange the first time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Warrenmac

Im 21 am i 2 old to start skating ?

Warrenmac wrote: »
    Im 21 am i 2 old to start skating ?
    nooo way!! never too old =]

Thanks man.none of my friends will support me on it lol.i just gota gt a board and somebody 2 skate with now.

Thanks man.none of my friends will support me on it lol.i just gota gt a board and somebody 2 skate with now.
    LOL same:D

Ha we should skate together then lol

Ha we should skate together then lol
    lol!

I sent you a reply to your pm bt i dont know if sent stupid phone !

I sent you a reply to your pm bt i dont know if sent stupid phone !
    i got it =]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm looking at buying my first board in about five years. I was gonna order a complete off http://www.skatewarehouse.com/ - I had a reasonably good board lined up for $109. Enjoi deck, Independant trucks, Autobahn wheels, Bones Reds. But I have some questions; I used to know a good bit about all this stuff, but I know nothing now.

I picked the Enjoi deck primarily because I liked the graphic of the panda. Will it really make any difference what make of deck I get? I have no tastes or preferences to compare against, so I haven't a clue. Good enough for Rodney Mullen = Good enough for me?

Again, I picked the Autobahn wheels because they looked cool. What sort of differences will wheels make? 50mm is an okay size, right?

Bones Reds seem to be a bit of a standard beginner bearing, and I've always heard a unanimous "They're the best" about Indie trucks.

Any advice? I desperately want to get back into skating, but this kinda stuff is intimidating!

Never mind, got it. Alien Workshop Berra deck, Indie trucks, Autobahn wheels, Reds bearings. Works fine for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭markY6222

Im 13 used to skate but moved on to kite surfing & surfing 2 years ago...
    i used to get my stuff from this website wreckless type it in ta google and u,ll find the website but i mostly brought stuff out of shops in dublin......

Well, I've decided to get an alien workshop deck, royal trucks and mystery wheels =D
    all tbh i wud love an element board...hmmmm

I wouldn't touch an AW deck after my last one, the thing snapped so quickly, i had it about 2 weeks and it was gone.
    My mate had the same problem with one he got around the same time.

Dodgy boards.

I was looking around the internet and found nothing but praise for AW decks. Well my one has seemed okay to me, maybe they had a questionable period or something? I'll tell you when I break my one :p

Advertisement