Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

psychology behind the army

• 03-06-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am very interested in psychology.I was wondering if someone could please tell me a little information regarding the discipline behind the army.Why are they so heavily disciplined.Is it to get them used to a hard life?sureley the seargants or whoever arent just being arse holes:confused:As I said I am very interested in,but really know very little about,psychology.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Do you know much about the army?
    Generally army training is for worst case scenario situations, discipline and reliability is useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

To be honest...no:o

Im guessing then its not like it is in the movies.I may be watching a bit too much full metal jacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

poisonated wrote: »
    To be honest...no:o

Im guessing then its not like it is in the movies.I may be watching a bit too much full metal jacket

haha, that's my impression of the army too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

the point is to break you down. so that they can mould you into a soldier.

hmmm. take for example. have you ever been at a very low point. cried yourself to bits or been emotionally drained and tired. and then after the low-point you felt stronger?

thats the whole idea. they have to make sure that your the type of material that will pull the trigger if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

You could try googling 'military psychology'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Army psychology is a joke!

Well in this country anyways, the majority of it basically does come from the members being assholes!

While i agree about the training being tough as it shoul be, after the training in ireland you are still treated like a child and corporal punishment still takes place, its ridiculous.

Advertisement