Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else doing Eireman?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

Thanks Eoin,

I'll be doing the full distance :eek:, so it was really just a query as to whether the supporters would be able to see much of me during the cycle and still get back to see the run, or if they would be better to hang around transition until the bike section is over??

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

I know what you mean...
    Its six of some and half a dozen of the other to be honest.
    Its the first year so we have nothing to go on.
    My above mentioned idea would be the handiest suggestion I reckon

While I'm here - I may as well announce the Pro's coming from abroad (before i forget)

In the Half distance
    Dion Harrison UK
    Gabriele Mazzetta Italy

Full distance
    Donna Phelan Canadian
    Hywel Davies UK

U can google them if you like....

A few had to pull out due to injury or other commitments :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

eoin ryan wrote: »
    Full distance
    Donna Phelan Canadian
    Hywel Davies UK

U can google them if you like....

A few had to pull out due to injury or other commitments :(

Im assuming Hywel Davies isnt gonna do the course twice and lap people ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

While I'm here - I may as well announce the Pro's coming from abroad (before i forget)

In the Half distance
    Dion Harrison UK
    Gabriele Mazzetta Italy

[/font]

Great to have them along to allow the rest of us a good race pacer:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭griffin100

Hi Eoin,

how are the course distances being marked - miles or kms? Will the bike and run course be distance marked?

Cheers.

anyone got any advise on tapering for the half? Not sure how to approach this and my first time at this distance...
    Seems that the most advise is to cut distance by about 30% but maintain intensity?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

Am I mad to drive down from Dublin on the morning for the HIM?

Guessing the drive time is about an hour so probably won't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

griffin100 wrote: »
    Hi Eoin,

how are the course distances being marked - miles or kms? Will the bike and run course be distance marked?

Cheers.

On Eireman email attachment last week to middle distance competitors it mentions aid stations at various k marks on the bike and run so I assume k's all the way

bagus wrote: »
    Am I mad to drive down from Dublin on the morning for the HIM?

Guessing the drive time is about an hour so probably won't be that bad.

You are.... if you haven't registered for the Half Distance on Saturday as you won't be taking part.... It stats this on the info you received. I strongly recommend people digest this info no matter what race you are in .
    (and you should allow 1.5hrs from Dub) do an AA route planner
    Arrive after 6am on Sunday - diversions take effect - this will lenghten your journey add and extra 45min to be on the safe side

Sunday registration is for Olympic & Sprint ONLY.

Yes Km's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 kruger73

I'm looking forward to this. Was walking in the phoenix park on sunday and saw a land rover disco with "eireman" logos, which gave me instant nerves and guilt that I was there walking and not training!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bagus

You are.... if you haven't registered for the Half Distance on Saturday as you won't be taking part....

I'm aware that registration is on the Saturday.

Is it still a bad idea to drive from Dublin on the morning of the HIM race?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

bagus wrote: »
    I'm aware that registration is on the Saturday.

Is it still a bad idea to drive from Dublin on the morning of the HIM race?

bagus - I'm planning on driving down from dublin on the morning of the race.

Couldn't get any accom for the saturday night in courtown, so I'm gonna have a lovely sleep in my own comfy bed.....on the road about 4am....brekkie on the way.....should be parked up by 5:15am.

I figured it shouldn't be too bad considering I'll be set up in transition on saturday anyway

happy racing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I did my best but can't find the info anywhere.
    What time is registration from/until on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Did your best? Really?

www.eireman.org/home -> Race Week -> Schedule of events

http://www.eireman.org/node/12

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

911sc wrote: »
    I did my best but can't find the info anywhere.
    What time is registration from/until on Saturday?

here is a link to the schedule for the weekend. http://www.eireman.org/node/12

I was also thinking of driving down on Saturday for registration/briefing and then back down again on Sunday morning, I now have an offer of a bed in a friends house but I think I might prefer to be at my own house. Looks like bikes can be set up in Transition on Saturday so this would take some pressure off us on Sunday Morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IronTractorBoy

Just reading up the course and have a question, too many roundabouts to confuse me in the instructions.

Is the route from courtown to N11 junction then turn left (southbound) and then northbound to that turning point and then repeat 4 times?

Are both directions of the the N11 closed or is just one direction closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Just reading up the course and have a question, too many roundabouts to confuse me in the instructions.

Is the route from courtown to N11 junction then turn left (southbound) and then northbound to that turning point and then repeat 4 times?

Ive my own understanding of the route but it might be best for Eoin to answer this explicitly here or at the race briefing rather than the potential of me posting something thats incorrect.

From what I know only northbound side of N11 is closed - this is 2 lanes, with hard shoulder, we'll be using both lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jollybean

Hey Eoin,

What time are entries closing at on Wednesday? I'm having credit card issues.

Have registered for the half and am trying to pay!!!!

Cheers.

I've a question about the exit from the swim - are we running over sand? just worried about getting rid of the sand off my feet in T1 (and T2) to prevent the feet getting ripped off me...

• Advertisement

It's the north bound lane thats closed only (Enniscorthy to Dublin direction). Long & Middle do all their cylcing on this stretch of road. So you cross over the flyover and go northbound (Dublin direction) first in the left lane. Turnaround at the turn cone if you are doing Long & Middle. Treat it like a normal road. Cycle on the left side all the time

Races closes Wed at 11.45pm

We will have plastic boxes with water to help get some of the sand off your feet. Suggest a squirt bottle of water for yourself in Trans if you want to double up.

Again - sounding like a broken record... Pls read the emails i have sent if you are a competitor. They are different for each event so pls be careful posting stuff on boards as instructions for each event are specific for that event etc.

Eoin, for the long cycle on the last lap do you just turn left at the coutown junction or do we had down to the turnaround point and back then back over the flyover?

I don't know what you mean by left turn....

Please - can people leave questions to the race briefing.
    I'm not going to be on this much from today (if at all) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Anyone looking for a swimmer in the sprint relay race ?

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mickeybags

Eoin
    Well done on the slot on RTE News

Tnx Mickeybags

Éireman is sold out. I only got materials for 700 ppl (even at that - I thought i was mad back in the day!!!)
    It sold out midday yest b4 deadline. Sorry if anyone missed out... There was a massive surge.

Pls note we can't do swaps - there are defo no places left.

There is nothing that we can do - sheets have gone to the timing company :o No changes can be accepted and that goes for turning up on the day and asking to take someone else's place and all the usual tricks...

See ya'll in Courtown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Well done on the sell-out! Great to see for your first year. Fingers crossed for the weather now...

Good TV slot too yesterday. I liked the little dig the woman gave to SUV drivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭griffin100

Yeah, congrats Eoin on all of the work to date. I'v been looking forward (if that's the word) to this for months. Lets hope the rain doesn't overshadow the event or detract from all of the work that you've put in.

Given the forcast for Sunday is there anything in the rules that says I can't wear my wetsuit on the bike!!!!

It sounds like it is going to be a good event.

I hope the bags in T1 and T2 are BIG, as I may put wet weather gear and sunny stuff in just on the off chance it is wet.

Just need to find somewhere showing the big game on Saturday and carb loading.
    http://www.justgiving.com/OneBobbyRobson/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I hope the bags in T1 and T2 are BIG, as I may put wet weather gear and sunny stuff in just on the off chance it is wet.

Get yourself 1 or 2 large plastic box with lid....€8.95 in Woodies.

Advertisement