Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Relief at source

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure ifthis is the correct forum to post this question, mods feel free to move....

We currently have a mortgage which we started in dec 2005, the revenue have sent us out a letter to clarify if we are still eligible for TRS (which I know we are because we are still living in the house and its under the 7yr threshold allowed).

We are also building a new house which we hope to move into in the next month or two and we have a second mortgage for that, which we are drawing down in stage payments since june 2008.

My question is this; is there any point in sending my details on my current mortgage to reactivate the TRS or should I just set up the new build mortgage as my principal residence from now and claim the TRS on it?

Is ther any financial benefit to either way??

Advertisement