Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor USA Post Pay Roaming rates

• 04-06-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Did I get this right €2.04 a minute on AT&T and €2.12 on T Mobile in the USA - While Pay as you go Metero customers get this for €1.45
    Surely something is majorly wrong here - I called their customer care today and was told "If you'd like to cancel sir spew"
    I am a Bill pay 1000 customer - giving them about €270 a month and they rip me off more than if I were to buy a €20 SIM and divert all calls to that
    I think the best value in USA is Tesco Mobile 99c to RX/TX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would agree that roaming is too expensive.
    I'll give you the obligatory "if you don't like it then don't use it" spiel as well.

I'm just glad you haven't come on complaining about your €800 bill to be honest. At least you checked the pricing before you went.

Networks will often have different budgets and departments looking after prepay and postpay and they probably set pricing independantly of each other. I would suggest emailing it through to them in the hopes it will be forwarded to the relevant people who might revise the pricing structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Jesus. Those prices are a joke. UK roaming is better on billpay so i'd have assumed US price plans would be similar but that is absolute extortion.
    Thankfully not gonna be anywhere near the states in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I would suggest emailing it through to them in the hopes it will be forwarded to the relevant people who might revise the pricing structure.

They know their own prices and they know perfectly well that this sort of thing p!ssés people off, but they continue to rely on obfuscation in their pricing and hope that people won't ask.

There is a business opportunity for a company that offers prices that do not require a major effort to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Here's the solution
    My existing E51
    An AT&T GO Sim Card
    $30 Credit including a 100Meg data bundle for $19.99
    My existing Freespeech A/C via fring on AT&T's 3G Network
    Divert My Metero Phone to the Freespeech VoIP Number - before I go
    So Now both Metero can shag off with their €2.04 and AT&T Can shag off with their call termination charges

Happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Here's the solution
    My existing E51
    An AT&T GO Sim Card
    $30 Credit including a 100Meg data bundle for $19.99
    My existing Freespeech A/C via fring on AT&T's 3G Network
    Divert My Metero Phone to the Freespeech VoIP Number - before I go
    So Now both Metero can shag off with their €2.04 and AT&T Can shag off with their call termination charges

Happy days :)

I had one of those GO sim cards before, but where the hell do you get that bungle? all I seen was $5 vouchers that would give you 1 whole meg of data. although that should be enough for me rly

• Advertisement
Advertisement