Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Spanish Ideas!

• 04-06-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,
    I'm David, and I'm a student in UCD studying Spanish and Geography.
    I'm studying Spanish for 6 years now, since 1st year in secondary school.

I'm posting this thread to give my idea's on some of the best topics to study for the opinion question on the paper.
    Topic's I would recommend, but not exclusively, are:
    - Recession,
    - Environment and,
    - Third world, possibly relating to lack of money and that money can't solve all problems.

These topics are just what i think are good topics to study.
    Make sure to include vocab and keep masculine with masculine, and feminine with feminine.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.:)
    ¡buena suerte!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Gracias.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

¿qué?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Reopened upon request

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 David McArdle

Just want to remind everyone, these are only my guidelines to what could come up.
    Looking back over exam papers, money generally seems to be a good topic question. It can also be brought into alot of other opinon questions!

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

i learnt off a recession and a obama essay for my oral/aural, i cant remember what its called.

• Advertisement

Hi
    You can't remember what your essay is called?
    I don't think i could help you there.
    The only thing I can tell you here is that recession in Spanish is 'recesión'.

Good Luck in finding the essay.
    If you have any questions about the spanish exam please don't hesitate to PM me or comment here!

¡Buena Suerte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

I'm preparing an opinion piece on how it will be hard to find a job as a young person these days. Usually they give you one broad one and one specific one, once you know alot of vocab, verbes and idiomatic phrases and throw in a lot of subjunctives you should be flying.

Hi all,
    I got some PM's relating to the topic of the Environment!
    People are asking whether it is just the basic Environment or is it specific topics.

To be honest, the Environment involves many things, for example: Global Warming, Green House Gases, ozone layer etc!

¡Buena Suerte!

Hi all,
    I got some PM's relating to the topic of the Environment!
    People are asking whether it is just the basic Environment or is it specific topics.

To be honest, the Environment involves many things, for example: Global Warming, Green House Gases, ozone layer, climate change etc!

¡Buena Suerte!

what would u say to someone who's hopeless at oppinion questions? Its not that i dont have a good vocabulary its just that i cant think of what to write about. Should I write it down in english first?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Does anyone know where we can get sample essays ?

I was looking for a revision book of some kind, but I can't find one. I'd just like a few idiomatic phrases to sprinkle here and there, and perhaps a few essays on recission and....maybe Obama ?

With Spanish its impossible to guess, like.

It not impossible to guess spanish. My opinion is this, if you look at this years German and French papers, you will get an idea what they are trying to ask.
    Last year the asked about the environment in German and French and it came up in Spanish.

I wouldn't bet on An essay specifically on Obama in Spanish. However it has come up in Irish this year so it might not hurt to look over it but don't be highly dependent on it!

what would u say to someone who's hopeless at oppinion questions? Its not that i dont have a good vocabulary its just that i cant think of what to write about. Should I write it down in english first?:confused:

The worst thing to do would be to write the essay in English in the exam before you begin to write it in Spanish, because you will just end up rushing the question in the end. It's just not worth it. They say write 80 - 200 words, however this doesnt have to be the limit. If you want to write more and show off, go for it!
    Pick out the main points of the essay, write them down in English and then write around each point in Spanish.
    Like Irish, alot of the marks go for your Spanish and Vocab, not totally on the content of the essay.
    Obviously, having both would be great but you would be suprised on the day how much in Spanish you could write about the topic. If you aim for 2 pages (Double Spaced) you are definately on the right track.
    I know for my leaving cert, i did 2 pages double spaced, and ended up getting 46/50 in the opinion question, that i was not expecting.
    If you keep relating back to the topic you should do fine!

Ok so thats a big no-no to the english part, thanks.

Good idea about reading the other language papers, il keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Algo más para estudiar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What essay comes up on the Spanish paper?? The Opinion Piece like?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laguacamaya

A much better translation of "recession" in spanish would be "una crisis económica".;)

Advertisement