Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact via PM acceptable ?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

A recent discussion on the merits or otherwise of Sinn Fein ended up being - rightly - locked by a mod when someone dragged it into the gutter by accusing me of being a West Brit and questioning my patriotism.

That individual contacted me via PM earlier - 4 copies of the same message - saying that because the thread was locked, he was saying his piece via PM; a piece which included his "it looks to me like you're a west brit" bull****.

Since this sicko seemed to condone the killing of children in-thread, and said [in the PM] the IRA were "nice enough" to give warnings, I'm a little worried [not overly, but if someone reckons killing kids is OK and calls anyone who says otherwise a "west brit", I think it needs to be considered].

I've given them ONE reply [although reasoning does not seem like it will work] and now added them to my ignore list.

If they're on my ignore list, will it stop further PMs too ?

And if they send me another message, at what stage would it be viewed as harrassment ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Yes, if you put them on your ignore list it'll stop them sending you PMs.

If you reckon you're being harassed by PM, you can report a PM received in much the same way as you can report a post. There's a little warning triangle you click to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

No "thanks" button, so I'll type it :)

Advertisement