Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optician in Galway that will repair frames

Options
  • 04-06-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

My regular opticians proudly informed me that they don't do that type of thing any more, as if it was beneath them...

The frame needs to be welded back near the part that sits on the bridge of the nose.

I'm damned if can afford to shell out on another set of frames, so a nice quick repair job is needed.

If anyone has had their glasses repair by their optician recently, pass on the name.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ordered a pair of prescription sunglasses from these guys, cost €17.50 including delivery.

http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

go back into your opticians, request the record of your prescription. If they get stroppy say that you need it for your records (optional to lie that you are considering laser eye surgery and need to see how often your prescription changes to see if you're a candidate)

Then order them off that crowd. Took mine two weeks to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

That's very bad form from your optician!
    Helen Walsh Opticians have always looked after my glasses whenever I've needed a repair done. Their phone number is 091 - 539539.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

+ 1 on Helen Walsh Opticians, I believe they do repair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Yip, also had Helen Walsh do a repair on frames before with good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Thanks guys, didn't check the thread in a couple of days.

Will give them a call in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Seamus Walsh in Tuam does repairs. Sound guy.

Thanks but I think I'll stick to Galway City.

Helen Walsh Opticians couldn't help. Simple enough repair. More interested in flogging a set of frames. [Allegedly]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Helen Walsh Opticians couldn't help. Simple enough repair. More interested in flogging a set of frames. [Allegedly]
    It's a pity that the frame couldn't be repaired. Is it possible that the repair is more complicated than you thought (not that I doubt your story)? The last time I got my glasses fixed by them they warned me that the frame was going to be much weaker. I'm sure if I went back in again to get them fixed they'd probably tell me to get a new set of frames for my own good.

Advertisement