Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maybe a stupid question.........

• 04-06-2009 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Have my full MOPED licence a few years now, PRE Theory test days
    But i did do a theory test for my car
    If i want to go for the A licence do i have to do the theory test all over again
    Its seems obvious that i do, but then i was thinking doesnt that test cover bikes and cars?
    Im in a pickle

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

They changed it recently enough so that you have to do seperate theory tests for cars and bikes. If you want to add another catagory onto your licence after your origianl theory test reults expire (after two years) you have to do it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

not a stupid queston at all, i was in the same boat a few years ago, and it turned out that i didnt have to the test again, but as the above says, they must have changed it. pain in the bloody ar$e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Yes you do have to do a separate test , this will give you a laugh I currently hold a full B and C licence (Car and ridged truck) I also hold a provisional EC (articulated truck) but because I did not do a theory test for the car I cant get an articulated car licence even though I a provisional that allows me to drive an articulated truck with a 40 tone trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

articulated car licence, whats that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Tomohawk wrote: »
    articulated car licence, whats that???

You need it to drive a car with a trailer that has a design gross vehicle weight of over 750kg ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the rsa is a fooking joke uncle gaybo hang ur head in shame with the money racket cartel your are representing and leading this country in,saving lives me botox like,yer just screwing ordinary drivers off the road with your new found road regulations that only happen to seem to happen if you are living in norway or finland ,biggest 2 faced wanker late late noddy u are that some of us had to suffer on a friday night cause we lived in a 1 tele house hold back in the 90tys lol,the theory test cd and book has changed again for the 4th time since it was introduced and you broadcasted for 40ty years without a change fukin fukin scam,i say it colects more revenve than parking tickets in generl for a year :mad: it upsets me for the fact if you did the theory test back when it was invented you were qualifed for all driving classes but today you need to do a theory test for every class going double standards double rules its wrong
    and wot did u do with your late late harley yu got off u2 ya gave it away to charity no wondr pat kenny got a gibson guitar this year s to save embarasment for u2 and sure wot wud your excuse be for all these predictiments well i got more money than a horse got hairs feic rsa feic u gay never drove a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

sorrry about the rant but some tings can make me so angry

Advertisement