Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoke around racecourse area?

Options
  • 04-06-2009 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭

Was driving yesterday towards the Briarhill roundabout from the Galway Clinic direction and saw loads of white smoke over towards the racecourse direction,
    Could still see it clearly in my rear view mirror sitting in traffic outside Argos some 15 mins later. This was about 4pm yesterday afternoon.
    Has anybody heard of any fire around that side of town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

It was the bog on fire on the curraghline down passed McGaths Garden center.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It was the bog on fire on the curraghline down passed McGaths Garden center.

Yep, I could see it coming down from Parkmore to the Tuam Road really clearly. A fair bit was on fire. It always goes on fire in the dry weather (it even did last year with all the rain) so I'm not surprised really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Smoke from the racecourse? Glue's a brewin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Robbo wrote: »
    Smoke from the racecourse? Glue's a brewin'.

:eek: Boooxxxxxxxxxxxxeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Advertisement