Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another lie of libertas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Still, politics.ie has its uses:

Looks like he picked up the Dana vote as expected. Now we'll see whether Ganley is as transfer-repellent as I expect him to be.

I thought that COIR endorsement smelled a bit of desperation.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Interesting. The second FG/FF candidates and Susan O'Keeffe appear to have polled reasonably well and look to have given FG/FF the advantage. I wonder where those SF votes will go? Despite being on the same side Ganley doesn't strike me as a natural home for SF votes.

In the north of the constituency Gallagher would probably pick up some of them as will Harkin. Both Harkin and FG should benefit from the Labour transfers. What's left is so small that he is unlikely to find enough transfers. The projected 20,000 between him and Harkin will be very hard to pull back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I'm still not convinced about those numbers yet though, Scofflaw, as much as I hope they're true. Nobody has been able to verify their validity yet on P.ie, and it may just be shenanigans on the part of that poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

From this long thread on Politics.ie, Ganley is reported to be doing very well (according to several posters involved in the tallies)....
    Owner of Politics.ie is a member of Libertas.

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Owner of Politics.ie is a friend of Libertas.

Oh, I know that, but I still don't see the point of posters 'bigging up' Ganleys chances. It won't make any difference now. But there were some convincing posts from people who claimed to have been involved in the tallies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I dont see how the owner of P.ie, with some 22,000 posts, cant see through Libertas. :confused:

Its some terrible website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I'm still not convinced about those numbers yet though, Scofflaw, as much as I hope they're true. Nobody has been able to verify their validity yet on P.ie, and it may just be shenanigans on the part of that poster.

Sure - as they say, it's all over bar the counting.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Oh, I know that, but I still don't see the point of posters 'bigging up' Ganleys chances. It won't make any difference now. But there were some convincing posts from people who claimed to have been involved in the tallies.
    I edited my post while you were replying. Anyway, his not only a member of Libertas but also director of the campaign which should put the credibility of Politics.ie under the question.

Making Ganley or any other politician bigger than he is in real life is a well known psychological trick. Human is a drove animal and it always follows the crowd. That's why political ads contains so many happy faces and hundreds of fans who are very often nothing more but hired actors.

Many professional comedians use that technique during the TV sitcoms or live shows. When someone tells the joke, you can hear a laugh that makes you automatically smiling whenever you want it or not. That's your nature. That laugh in fact comes form the speakers located all over the audience and can be started and stopped anytime someone push the button. It makes jokes more funny, because as I said before we are drove animals and we always follow the rest of the herd.

"Hey, if thousands of people votes Libertas why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't I trust thousands of people instead of my own research? One man can be wrong, but not the thousands". Unfortunately most of people think that way even though they are not aware of that.

That's why politicians make themselves bigger and greater than they really are, to manipulate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭USE

I'll come back to my point of view on Libertas relating it with USA.

Here you can found a summary on that:
    http://www.indymedia.ie/article/87311

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

USE wrote: »
    I'll come back to my point of view on Libertas relating it with USA.

Here you can found a summary on that:
    http://www.indymedia.ie/article/87311

wow... my opinion of indymedia almost changed, until I read all the comments saying "oh yes, well they're clearly evil, and people should know this...but... let's wait 'til the referendum is done, okay?"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Still, politics.ie has its uses:

Looks like he picked up the Dana vote as expected. Now we'll see whether Ganley is as transfer-repellent as I expect him to be.

I thought that COIR endorsement smelled a bit of desperation.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Can't believe I'm saying this but I wish Bertie was still there.

Transfers!

PS. The mejia are saying Dublin and Leinster East is a sign that FF are in serious trouble. If Pat the Cope can't get in with a Constituency covering 4 provinces and strong FF country, that maybe a more telling fact.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Phil the Drill

And by virtue of standing in elections, Libertas are politicians, but I don't want you to hurt yourself thinking that through or anything.

amused,
    Scofflaw

Not a politician until elected really though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Not a politician until elected really though!!

So does that mean you voted for him because you didn't think he'd get in???

At the end of the day he is a politician if he goes for election. Sorry to burst your bubble there....

Sure - as they say, it's all over bar the counting.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

From the poster who gave those original figures on P.ie:
    wrote:
    Latest tallies of 2nd preferences in NW, based on about 15% of ballots so far:

Gallagher getting 50% from FF, 16% from SF & 10% from McNamara
    Ganley getting 15% from SF, 9% from Labour & 10% from McNamara
    Harkin getting 28% from Labour, 12% from SF & 9% from FG
    Higgins getting 60% from FG, 14% from Labour & 7% from SF

These early predictions seem to suggest that Ganley isn't getting the expected transfers from SF. Alot of the SF vote is showing to be non-transferable with no second preferences. Above figures give the following scenario:

Gallagher: 105,000
    Harkin:101,000
    Higgins: 109,000
    Ganley: 78,000

Again these tallies are based on only about 15% of the ballots. Could all change....

Hopefully this poster is in the loop. If so, I feel a lot better about Ganleys chances now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RTE reports that "experienced" heads in the count centre believe the current top three, Gallagher, Harkin, Higgins will get in. Ganley will lose but "narrowly". There are also reports of a number of non-transferable SF votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

drinks?

come on, none of the libertas people are gonna get in...THAT CALLS FOR CELEBRATION!!!!
    The European elections results 2009 website will open on June 7 at 18.00 CEST
    The first estimations of turnout will be available from 21.00 CEST
    The first results will be available from 22.00 CEST

watch this space for results: http://www.elections2009-results.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    drinks?

come on, none of the libertas people are gonna get in...THAT CALLS FOR CELEBRATION!!!!

Well while the results so far are good, but don't count your chicken before they hatch. Keep that cork on the Drinks until the last count have been announced. when they don't get in, I will drink on that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

I thought I heard something about Ganley getting an injuction as some boxes were opened before 9am - anyone confirm/deny this ?

Libertas got 5.62% in Ireland (no seats).

They have got 4.8% in France (1 seat).

0.15% in Spain (no seats)

It says 0.3% for Libertas in the Netherlands (no seats; rounded numbers?).

0.12% in Malta (no seats).

0.56% in Estonia (no seats).

0.9% in Czech (no seats)

0.49% in UK (no seats)

1.14% in Poland (no seats).

4.32% in Latvia (no seats).

Probably not all countries yet and not the final results.

Source.

EPIC FAIL.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    drinks?

Got a few beers on ice and waiting to go! :pac:

No surprise Ganley is mouthing off. Some good points being made on rte at the moment. The best so far being the line (Pat Cox?) that the Libertas vision seems to be more of an halucenation!!!! Also a point that the only Libertas candidate to be successful so far is one that has been an MEP for years. Some Libertas candidates are incumbent MEPs who don't seem to hav been elected. Democracy in action, great isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

Libertas got 5.62% in Ireland (1 seat).

???? Should read 0 seat,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

maybe overzealous assumption by someone in brussels. Libertas being formed in ireland of course they got to get a seat.

please?

I hope...

:(

tomorrow will be a bad day

It still is EPIC FAIL for Libertas no matter if they will have a seat in Ireland or not. Ireland is their core-country and they have managed to get only >5%. One person from Czech says Libertas' campaign was probably the biggest one and they still have got the ridiculous 0.9% percent. That's like a good smash to the face. Look at the other countries, <5% everywhere and oftenly it's something about 0%. They have got a seat in France only because France is big country and has a lot of seats to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

That's like a good smash to the face.

wait till the company credit card bill has to be paid ;)

It still is EPIC FAIL for Libertas no matter if they will have a seat in Ireland or not. Ireland is their core-country and they have managed to get only >5%. One person from Czech says Libertas' campaign was probably the biggest one and they still have got the ridiculous 0.9% percent. That's like a good smash to the face. Look at the other countries, <5% everywhere and oftenly it's something about 0%. They have got a seat in France only because France is big country and has a lot of seats to offer.

And the fact that De Villes (sp?) is an existing MEP so alrady had a support base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

im pro lisbon, love what the EU could be and gave libertas last pref, but whats the big deal if ganley gets in? i mean he's one guy, someone like wilders is a much bigger threat.

molloyjh wrote: »
    And the fact that De Villes (sp?) is an existing MEP so alrady had a support base.

de Villiers would get elected if he joined the monster raving loony party.

im pro lisbon, love what the EU could be and gave libertas last pref, but whats the big deal if ganley gets in? i mean he's one guy, someone like wilders is a much bigger threat.

I guess it's a big deal around here, because we are the one's that can block him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

oh yeah i see, im dublin so i guess he's irrlevant to me on a european scale????

• Advertisement

oh yeah i see, im dublin so i guess he's irrlevant to me on a european scale????

No but perhaps that's why you're not as passionate about it as me, because he would be my MEP if elected?

Advertisement