Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucan - prettiest village in Dublin?

• 04-06-2009 3:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I say that Lucan is the purdiest village in Dublin. What do you think?

It is though, it's very photogenic. Maybe Enniskerry could outdo us, but only maybe. I can't think of anywhere better looking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If we are just talking about the old village and Lucan Demense then yes, I agree completely...but then I'm from Lucan so I would :)

The only problem I have though is that the village is still far too crowded and congested with traffic. IMO, the traffic really takes away any semblance of peace and tranquillity from the village. I love the place but the amount of cars in the village these days is ridiculous. If we could take the car numbers down to nearer those in 1979-1981 we'd be grand :) Wishful thinking I know but it's hard to appreciate the beauty of the village when you're trying to avoid traffic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

In 1979 the village wasn't bypassed and the traffic was probably as bad as it is now. I can still remember traffic going towards Galway after matches in Croke Park - backed about half way to Palmerstown. We used to cycle against the traffic and try to grab the flags they were waving out the windows at us. It was mostly just craic as we generally turned around and gave them back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Dufresne wrote: »
    In 1979 the village wasn't bypassed and the traffic was probably as bad as it is now. I can still remember traffic going towards Galway after matches in Croke Park - backed about half way to Palmerstown. We used to cycle against the traffic and try to grab the flags they were waving out the windows at us. It was mostly just craic as we generally turned around and gave them back

No way was the traffic as bad as it is now, even with the lack of a bypass. Sure hardly anyone owned a car. :D Besides, match day was always a manic day but other than that the village was never as busy as it is these days.

If you had a car you could easily find a parking spot near Paddy's or the East End take away and cinema any day of the week, except maybe Saturday when all the men of Lucan descended on Paddy's for a 'short back and sides' :)

Advertisement