Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA fighter suffers broken neck and paralysis

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

OMCCABE wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr2qVrj1syo&feature=related

Check out from about 6.30 onwards. Double the force of a heavyweight boxers standing punch and 4 times the force of Randys standing punch.

Without been funny, this is sensationalism at its best!
    There is no way its true, otherwise people would be dying from GnP and it would be banned, i never seen Randy KO anyone with GnP either for that matter, I've been GnP by elbows before and left fairly bruised and cut but in no way dazed, if i was hit as clean with standing punches as good i would of been rocked a bit..

The danger of GnP is in the cuts mainly..

Remember the same program said Ninja's where the ultimate warrior!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Okay then, since we're all so worried, hands up who is first aid certified?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Surprised this hasn't happened already.

Did you see Fedor landing on his head against that black dude(can't remember the name)

It looked like Fedor was dead then 2 secs later he armbars the guy and submits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Roper wrote: »

Moi!.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jayteecork wrote: »
    Surprised this hasn't happened already.

Did you see Fedor landing on his head against that black dude(can't remember the name)

It looked like Fedor was dead then 2 secs later he armbars the guy and submits.
    Kevin Randleman.
    Ahhhh the Randleplex

Look at Bob Sapp piledriving Big Nog too
    And Marquardt vs Leites too hehe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

I am. But on the same token, first aid wouldn't have been a great deal of good to this fighter as the damage was done before he recieved any medical assistance from what I've read. What I mean is, an average level first aider could only prevent further damage. Also, Occupational First Aid would be the lowest level that would really be any benefit for MMA, anything below that only covers CPR, defibrillation and choking and basic bandaging.

As was already stated before me, there are risks in all sports. If you enjoy what you're doing then do it! We are pretty lucky here in that any coaches I have ever come across are very safety conscious, we only need to look at the thread on the "showdown" promotion to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

*Raises hand*

Darragh-K made a good point too. All the current coaches I've come across are great when it comes to safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Hands up, cpr too.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement