Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon to shed 1000 jobs

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

According to the Associated Press, Nikon is getting ready to give 1,000 employees the pink slip to save $84 million in costs in the face of the weakening economy.

Nikon forecasts a net loss of 17 billion yen ($179 million) the fiscal year through March 2010. It posted a net profit of 28.1 billion yen last business year on sales of 879.7 billion yen.

It is likely, all 1,000 laid off employees will become wedding photographers. ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

.... Nikon is getting ready to give 1,000 employees the pink slip .... :(:(:(

It is likely, all 1,000 laid off employees will become wedding photographers. ;)
    :D:D:D

Don't see Nikon reducing any prices to stir up business :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Should've invested in photocopiers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Should've invested in photocopiers...

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

mrmac wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Don't see Nikon reducing any prices to stir up business :mad:

that's right, they did just the opposite - think the prices went up by up to 20% across the board.

I'd actually like to thank Nikon for helping me make the following decisions :

-to keep my 28-70 2.8 instead of upgrading to the 24-70 2.8

-to keep my tokina 12-24 f4 instead of selling it to put towards the nikon 14-24 2.8

-to keep my d300 as second camera instead of getting a d700.

all in all saving me around 4k I'd say.

Thanks Nikon!

Advertisement