Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography lenght of answer

Options
  • 04-06-2009 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

hey guys just studyin geo now , and it hit me how long should Qb and Qc be , i have done out some questions and they are 2a4 pages long is this way to much ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Well, if you can write it in the exam then that would be fine but that would seem a fair bit too much. Most people write 1 - 1.5 pages but its all about quality not quantity. Just make sure to get 15 SRPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Way too much, you only need 15 'significant relevant points'.

Example = Volcanoes mostly occur at plate margins. They can also occur at hot spots and in rift valleys. The most active volcanic zone is the Pacific Ring of Fire around the Pacific plate.

That above is 3 SRPs, so 12 more and you've got full marks.

A diagram is worth around 3 SRPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

thanks

what would be considered an srp

like for ex:

the pairs region is the most productive region in france there are many reasons for this:

-large farms modern production and mechanisation
    -flat land allows mechanisation
    -limon soil covers most soils this is stonless and very fertile
    -the climate is modrate which is perfect for production of cerals.avagare summer temp is 20c.

so would that be 4 srp's ?

wow this is easier then i though :P

the notes my teacher gave us are well over 2pages and its just pure srp's !

cheers for the help people.

ah sorry mine is in text form also , but ever sentence is bassically a new srp.Its a full folder of nots so it might take me awhile :P

if ya need 1 or 2 i have no problem scaning them for ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

you've got to do a full long question in thirty minutes (according to the exam papers anyways!) so unless you're super fast when writing you probably would only be able to do a page and half max.
    well thats all i can do anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Sorry for bumping the thread and chaning the direction but... Whats everyones predictions tomorrow? Soil characteristics and proccesses for the essay section? What about human processes and regional? Has your teachers given ye any predictions?

anyone have anyidea's for human elective its the only thing i dont really know anything about tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Jello wrote: »
    Way too much, you only need 15 'significant relevant points'.

Example = Volcanoes mostly occur at plate margins. They can also occur at hot spots and in rift valleys. The most active volcanic zone is the Pacific Ring of Fire around the Pacific plate.

That above is 3 SRPs, so 12 more and you've got full marks.

A diagram is worth around 3 SRPs.

The way this guy does it is correct.I did my lc last year and my da is a geo teacher.I dunno if your answer would get 3 srp since the 3 bulletpoint statements you made all refer to areas where volcanos occur.Id prob give it 2 srps.1 for the first 2 sentences and another for the final sentence.If you say say further expanded hot spots,rift valleys in one line sentences as well.youd get more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Its not 15 SRP's for a 30 mark question is it?
    Im sure its 13 SRP's x 2 Marks = 26 Marks
    Mentioning the Region that you studied= 2 Marks
    Mentioning the Process/Landform etc= 2 Marks

Total 20 Marks

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Its not 15 SRP's for a 30 mark question is it?
    Im sure its 13 SRP's x 2 Marks = 26 Marks
    Mentioning the Region that you studied= 2 Marks
    Mentioning the Process/Landform etc= 2 Marks

Total 20 Marks

30 marks ;)

Advertisement