Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Decorations - Ballons and Banners??

Options
  • 04-06-2009 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Need a lil bit of help!
    Organising a 60th Birthday for my Dad and have everything arranged except the decorations for the function room! Trying to keep this realatively cheap as the budget was blown with other things :o

Looking to get some heilium ballons and a few banners - nothing too special, just to make the room a lil more party like as its just a room with a bar and a few table as it stands!!

I know there are a few places that come do it for you - but they are kinda expensive!!
    Any suggestions as to where i could walk in and get the ballons done and walk out if you will!!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I noticed that Atlantic Homecare in Blanchardstown has a new section when you walk in for Party gear (cards, decorations, banners and baloons). Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Curran - Where are you based? If you are near Skerries you could try Dee's by the monument or the toy shop (can't remember the name) near Skerries Hardware on Thomas Hand Street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Tesco's Clare Hall store has a huge party section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Cheers for the replies folks,

Turns out the my g/f found another website that was about 20% cheaper than the rest, so I think we'll go with them - its a surprise you see, so least it will save the hassle of rushing about secretly on the day, with the baloons in the car and then trying to decorate the room!!

Appreciate the quick feedback folks!!
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Hi there Curran,
    just saw ur post.. i know is from long ago, but.. wanted to ask you for that website that was like 20% cheaper.. Did they do a good job? will u give me their details?
    Having a party in November and will help to have someone decorating the room.. gonna be a very busy day and that will help.:p
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

amira wrote: »
    Hi there Curran,
    just saw ur post.. i know is from long ago, but.. wanted to ask you for that website that was like 20% cheaper.. Did they do a good job? will u give me their details?
    Having a party in November and will help to have someone decorating the room.. gonna be a very busy day and that will help.:p
    Thanks

The flower shop in Rush "Bird of Paradise" does a good job. I have had them for 3 or 4 parties and they done a good job each time. If you pm me I will get you contact Number tomorrow

Advertisement