Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic mobile - prepay

• 04-06-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help, or at least guide to a small number of mobiles to check out!

I'm looking to the parents a new mobile, as their old nokia has given up the ghost. They will only use it for receiving and making calls - possibly the odd text message. It won't be used for internet/bluetooth/mp3/radio, etc.

Ideally i'm looking for something basic - good battery life, easy to use, large display. A clam-shell might be worthwhile, as apparently you can program them to answer when you open, and cancel call when you close.

They are with Meteor at the moment, but don't necessarily need to hold the number, so pretty much can go with any supplier.

So - any suggestions that I can look up? (i've trawled the sites, and just have no idea what to go for.)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Not sure if the screen is big enough but O2 are offering the Nokia 2600 classic for free if you top up by €50. It's as basic as you can get nowadays. http://www.nokia.ie/A4940297
    I'm not sure if this offer only applies to existing customers or not.

Clam shells are usually not great reliability wise and there aren't many on the market at the moment actually. I'd recommend going to somewhere like Carphone Warehouse and looking at all the display models they have. You'll get a much better impression than just looking at them on a website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Thanks for the replies. Think i'll go for a visit to carphonewarehouse with them, and see which they prefer to handle.

Advertisement