Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing - mandatory NCT

• 04-06-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Cousin of mine asked me a question last night I couldn't answer, she's thinking about importing a car in the next few weeks, and VRTing it the next day, but with the mandatory NCT, and NCT dates being pushed out as far as October now, how will she be able to VRT the car if she can't NCT it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

She won't need an NCT to VRT the car. She wouldn't be able to book an NCT until she has an Irish VRC anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Weren't they changing the rules for importing so that you need a mandatory NCT?

The first step in getting an NCT for an imported car is to get the details on their system from the VRC. Unless that's changed (which I doubt) you won't be able to NCT it until after the VRT is paid.

Also, it wouldn't make sense for them to make an NCT a requirement. It would likely reduce the amount of money coming in.

ned78 wrote: »
    Weren't they changing the rules for importing so that you need a mandatory NCT?

It has not been brought into force yet, I think its next year at the earliest before it will come in.

That makes sense. Introducing it next year after car testing has 'caught up' and when the new NCT contract is starting would be realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

Any idea how they'll work this, how can you NCT a car without an Irish registration?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

They couldn't realistically do it right now but the NCT contract is moving from SGS to Applus RTD next January. That would be the ideal time to update the rules, procedures, etc as it's effectively going to be a whole new operation.

Advertisement