Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Sein Fein such a dirty word down south?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

yep your an idiot troll ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

my point was on the dup...... not britain

Apologies I read your post wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

IIMII wrote: »
    Ex-British army then? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't they pay you guys not to think?

Great, you have read 2 books. I read both those books years ago, stalkers must be what 15 years old?
    Sorry, you are way off the mark there too.
    I somehow suspect that this happens a lot in your life.
    But, as you grow tiresome in your puerile offensiveness,
    I decline to further respond to your particular posts for now.
    Bye bye.

Irlandese wrote: »
    Bye bye.

:):D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elatha

yep your an idiot troll ^

What do you mean exactly

• Advertisement

Irlandese wrote: »
    That depends on too many variables.
    In the Republic, the Roman catholic Church have far more power than the Civil service, but they control much of the top levels there too, through secretive groups like Opus Dei, Knights of Columbanus and Crosseo ( my spelling of phonetic recall of name may be wrong here ).
    If you want to make a difference, in practical politics, start small and keep going.
    I contributed the following to the debate re Michael Woods. It might give you some ideas:
    "There is a very well funded and cleverly thought-out PR job on the go, at the moment.
    It has many facets and many actors.
    It is designed to get the Irish People to move on quickly and to forget the real issues behind the Ryan report on Abuse of Children in Care by the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland.
    Above all, this clever PR campaign is about stopping any attempt to over-turn the dirty deal done by Michael Woods, to protect the enormous wealth of the RC Church in Ireland. It has the support of many senior members of both Fianna Fail and Fine Gael, but not of all of them!
    Some facts confirmed by the records that should be borne in mind:
    1. Michael Woods excluded the Attorney General and his staff from any access to the details, and signed off on it in his LAST day in office, to avoid any chance that it would be blocked.
    2. He did so, while aware that the Attorney General, the Irish Government’s Legal Officer, had told him in person and in writing that much more stringent and financially onerous terms than the appallingly lax ones he later applied should be imposed on the Roman Catholic Church, in any binding agreement.
    3. Michael Woods signed off on behalf of the future poor taxpayers of Ireland, while describing himself in the media as a “strong Catholic”, not as someone who should uphold the equal rights of all citizens under our constitution, for whom he was being paid as a Government Minister, at the time.
    4. This self-declaration that he acted as a “strong catholic” in forcing the taxpayers of all creeds to pay for the sins of one church, is enough to justify requests for legal action to overturn the deal by Irish citizens to our own constitutional courts, the EU Courts and the UN Courts on Human Rights.
    5. We do not need proof of the membership of Opus Dei, Knights of Columbanus or of Crosseo, of Michael Woods, Bertie Ahearne, Dermot Ahearne or Brian Lenihan, to take this action. These should be investigated, by a legal tribunal, but the legal actions to over-turn the dirty deal should start now, with letters from interested parties and groups direct to the various legal groups mentioned above.
    6. This is a time for popular action, by citizens, not waiting for further dirty deals between Church and State. We owe it to our children and their children’s children, to protect the economic viability of their future, more so because we did not protect the past of thousands of sexually and emotionally abused young children, given to the Roman Catholic Church as little more than animals to use and abuse at their perverse pleasure.
    7. I call on all of you who can, to act. Start writing to anyone who will listen, to get these legal actions underway. If we have learned anything from all this, it is that We cannot trust the RC Church or our Politicians to act as they should. They are guilty of disgraceful collusion in all of this.
    Ex-patriate Irishman"

And so are we

side point - we do put the assholes have been in power for 12 years stopping it from happening

i agree with the dup being archaic as britain is not really interested in maitaing the link anymore
    Again, it is a bit hard to understand what this person is saying here.
    I suspect that they may have learning difficulties from the difficulty with english and what I am assuming to be the content of this and other posts here. They do seem quite prolific though. Perhaps they intend to make up for the shortfall in quality with sheer quantity? A "hits junky"?
    But, if I read it right, they seem to believe in a 32 county Ireland approach?
    Many of us born in the Republic of Ireland wish to remain free from the taint of connection with even the tiny number of "Sinn Fein/ IRA" thugs.
    Yes, Ulster was the last Gaelic stronhold of our native culture. But it was lost and then ethnically cleansed. SF/IRA do not represent Ireland any more than Northern Ireland represents Ulster. You are not Irish, you are something less.
    You do not even recognise the legitimacy of our state, calling us names and quoting from your pathetic little green book.
    Go away and grow up, intellectually, morally and politically.
    Maybe after 300 years you might be fit for acceptance into polite society ?
    I am not sure.....

I am sorry to say this but animal farm comes to mind

okey dokey artachokey

i dont know what else to say - you truly are an ass troll

Why do you say this?

• Advertisement

look at his posts..... ^

Elatha,
    I am afraid that you are partly right.
    But we did not all accept the position of the RC Church.
    Many of us are devout agnostics and aetheists and could not stomach the
    open hypocracy of those parasites.
    I will never forget reading, in the Sunday Press, the vile words of the then famous and much loved Fr. Michael Cleary, who, writing, for the umpteenth time, about poor Irish girls, returning from abortions in england, referred to them as "returned empties".
    I was ashamed that an Irish paper would print the words of such a man.
    I was incensed that a religious leader would think and act as he did.
    I was appalled at the lack of humanity that the words revealed.
    Then, years later, I read of the proof of his own hypocracy and lust, as he impregnated his own housekeeper, who it seems he had been having sex with for years. It seems he suggested an abortion for her too. Perhaps he was fond of "returned empties" after all?
    No, his treatment of that poor woman and of the girls he abused in print, just as many of his fellow priests had done so in the flesh, was proof of the real Roman Catholic Church's esteem for the laity and females and children in particular.
    So, no, Elatha, we did not all share the same level of blame........

elatha wrote: »
    I am sorry to say this but animal farm comes to mind
    Perhaps you are right to call me to account, just a little.
    I cannot claim to be un-biased or even charitable whern it comes to people who knee-capped children to intimidate their parents into silence, or who committed so many bestial attrocities in the pursuit of their own dishonest gains and power.

I am not calling you to account. I have not read your other posts other than what I have replied to. Animal farm comes to mind because of the way this country is run at the moment

I am not calling you to account. I have not read your other posts other than what I have replied to. Animal farm comes to mind because of the way this country is run at the moment
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you saw vestiges of the pride and arrogance of the pigs in my treatment of Northern Irish "would-be Irishmen and women".

I prefer to read and keep up to date that way. I post very little. But the situation re the dirty deal has incensed me more than usual. I was in Ireland over the last week and happened to meet the minister for Finance for a private chat. I shared my views as shown here with him. He listened politely. I also shared some private information re Michael Woods alleged membership of Opus Dei and the strong substantial evidence that at least one and probably two of the present cabinet are current members. He was visibly shocked that such information was in the almost public domain.
    I think he has reason to be. I believe more revelations are on the way.
    I also discussed certain informations regarding Dr. Noel Browne's reports of treating victims of child sexual abuse for internal lesions, citing the Arch-Bishop Mc Quaide, as a younger religious at the time, as the alleged perpetrator. There is much that needs to be discovered and cleaned up in Ireland with regard to the control of the Roman Catholic Church. Hopefully this process may be triggered if people like you start to get angry enough?

To Irlandese
    I am interested to know if you are an atheist and how you came to that conclusion

To Irlandese
    I am interested to know if you are an atheist and how you came to that conclusion
    Hi,
    Too long a subject.
    I am more an aetheist than an agnostic. I have seen too much downright hypocracy and attrocity, born of more than one religion, in more than one place, to really see much to recommend in organised religions.
    I am also in a time zone ahead of yours so must head off to sleep before a long day tommorrow.
    Good luck with your practical studies.

I think you can forget about anybody in ireland getting angry enough to make a change. From what I have seen everybody is out for numero uno. I think it is a post-colonist hangover. How do we address this?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread closed, because - as always - people are incapable of discussing Sinn Féin or Northern Irish politics like adults. It doesn't help that it spiralled off-topic.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

elatha, your first post on this thread was off-topic - if you wish to discuss it, start a new thread. I would have split the off-topic posts into a new thread, but even that conversation went off-topic from your initial question.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement