Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Sein Fein such a dirty word down south?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

okay ill just qoute everything you said - that is what was biased
    sinn féin is an all ireland party - hence the refrences to the north
    never said you had unionist leanings did i?

can'tseeme cleared the rest up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

is_that_so wrote: »
    Aside from the memories some people have and the suspicion of their regular use of semantic gymnastics, in Irish politics they are a fringe left-wing party. The area they occupy is covered by a range of other parties including even FF and Labour. On top of this the type of candidates they attract tend to be local activists and are mostly not up to national politics. They also lack credible economic policies and are opposed to Europe. Of all representatives in either part of the island there are a mere handful, who might impress people in wider society.
    Sorry?
    A fringe left-wing party?
    Are you on something?
    They are a gang of viscious thugs who control the 32-county drug trade and take a 15% "cut" on all big bank raids and major crime heists, as a kind of "tax" on other criminals.
    They are our own, home-grown " Mafia".
    And as for their hijacking of my language and of the names of "Republicans" and the " IRA", I just want to throw up every time I hear them on TV or the Radio.
    I repeat, they are viscious, mindless thugs and should be locked up for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

I don't vote Sinn Féin but I just don't get the constant ludiciously wild made up stuff about the party and it's members. It's like reading the Zombie Survival forum

seriously, it is crap most of the time ^

IIMII wrote: »
    I don't vote Sinn Féin but I just don't get the constant ludiciously wild made up stuff about the party and it's members. It's like reading the Zombie Survival forum
    Unlike the successful PR that Sinn fein / IRA pay lots of stolen cash for, I rely on facts and reports from front-line police and gardai who shadow these guys day in day out. I spent time on the other side of the fence from these scum. Try reading " Bandit country" by Toby Harnden, as just one account of what these guys are all about. Then go take your rubbish somewhere else.

• Advertisement

sinn féin and the ira have not been one group for years

therefore when i see the ''/'' in your post i know you are talking crap

Irlandese wrote: »
    Unlike the successful PR that Sinn fein / IRA pay lots of stolen cash for, I rely on facts and reports from front-line police and gardai who shadow these guys day in day out. I spent time on the other side of the fence from these scum. Try reading " Bandit country" by Toby Harnden, as just one account of what these guys are all about. Then go take your rubbish somewhere else.
    You spout some rubbish

i wouldnt call him a prick - but ye i pretty much agree

he is only attacking one side of the problem in the past troubles of northern ireland

and leaving out the one side that is still around today - in any real sense - loyalists (drug) (terrorist) groups

You spout some rubbish
    I suppose I should be glad you are not hiding in a hedge with ten of your mates, all dressed up in balaclavas and kalashnikovs?

:rolleyes:

Terrorists everywhere, yes? Where's the 'ignore poster' button

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elatha

Sorry?
    A fringe left-wing party?
    Are you on something?
    They are a gang of viscious thugs who control the 32-county drug trade and take a 15% "cut" on all big bank raids and major crime heists, as a kind of "tax" on other criminals.
    They are our own, home-grown " Mafia".
    And as for their hijacking of my language and of the names of "Republicans" and the " IRA", I just want to throw up every time I hear them on TV or the Radio.
    I repeat, they are viscious, mindless thugs and should be locked up for good.

Do you have proof of this?

I suppose I should be glad you are not hiding in a hedge with ten of your mates, all dressed up in balaclavas and kalashnikovs?

no i correct myself you appaer to be an troll :( -

please post one more time? = 32 posts! - haha

sinn féin and the ira have not been one group for years

therefore when i see the ''/'' in your post i know you are talking crap
    It is shorter than " Adulterated Sinn fein/ not fit to be called IRA".
    But, of course, we all know " they haven't gone away " !
    They are still the same gang of delinquent, cowardly, self-serving, drug-dealing perverts
    that they always were.
    Stop trying the old PR on us. Their results in the elections just show that more and more people are getting wise to them.
    Even Christy Burke could not stomach his old buddies any more.

Here Gizmo, did I not say above that I didn't vote for SF? But not for the wild reasons you are fantasising about. More to do with economic policies

32nd post congrats - symbolic

ah actualy they held roughly around their 10% mark in the elections and topped the poll in northern ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

Can'tseeme wrote: »
    What Sinn Fein is looking for is a '32 county republic'. Which is why they highlight being republican. I don't agree with your term "more Irish", I think it's a case that they've spent alot of their time defending the "Irishness" in the north. Which Unionists have tried to airbrush out of the north.

I think some people on this form who have been deemed 'west brits' for challenging beliefs held by SF supporters would beg to differ.

SF is a dirty word down south because they are apologists for Provo atrocities plain and simple.

They've plateau-ed because they put a united Ireland at the fore of what they are and people in the South generally couldn't care less.

In the north SF (along with the DUP, UUP, SDLP, Alliance) are archaic political entities (compared to countries like the Republic or Britain), a transition stage on the way to real politics, real choice.

Anyone who takes a good look at Stormont will actually see how utterly ineffective it is.

Decisions on the 11+, water charges, rates reforms, tackling our ridiculously inflated public sector, chronic long term unemployment... etc have been dodged and deferred because our archaic politicians for the most part can't get past debating things like whether the first and deputy first ministers should be called joint first ministers or who's doing a better job of shutting the other side out.

If the rest of the UK and the Republic weren’t there to hold our hands we'd drown in our own debt. You get the politicians you deserve and in NI we're so afraid of each other we vote in politicians who's very existence is dependent on sectarianism and fear of letting 'the other' get the upper hand. In the South you should thank your lucky stars you have real politics.

i wouldnt call him a prick - but ye i pretty much agree

he is only attacking one side of the problem in the past troubles of northern ireland

and leaving out the one side that is still around today - in any real sense - loyalists (drug) (terrorist) groups
    Actually you are right to mention the loyalist drug pushers as well.
    Alan Green, the then Head of the RUC Drugs Squad once told me how they were tracking the same "mix" of heroin from Dublin, through Drogheda, to Dundalk, where it was being sold under the aegis and control of Sinn Fein/ IRA and then turned up in the Magnet centre in Newry, under the Loyalist Paramilitaries. And all this cross-border co-operation, long before the "Good Friday Agreement".
    No, guys, the facts are too well known to too many of us to be fooled by your PR or threatened by your churlish thuggery and foul language.

Souljacker wrote: »
    In the South you should thank your lucky stars you have real politics.

side point - we do put the assholes have been in power for 12 years stopping it from happening

i agree with the dup being archaic as britain is not really interested in maitaing the link anymore

no i correct myself you appaer to be an troll :( -

please post one more time? = 32 posts! - haha
    Actually it is quite funny to be called an idiot by someone who cannot spell in the post in which they write it.
    Thanks

Alan Green, the then Head of the RUC Drugs Squad once told me how they were tracking the same "mix" of heroin from Dublin, through Drogheda, to Dundalk, where it was being sold under the aegis and control of Sinn Fein/ IRA and then turned up in the Magnet centre in Newry, under the Loyalist Paramilitaries.
    Keep it up, you are great entertainment. Why are you even bothering with this rubbish? RUC & war = gone, time to move on

• Advertisement

elatha wrote: »
    Do you have proof of this?
    There is plenty of proof in every graveyard in N.I.
    Try reading any of the many books written about the "troubles", including "Bandit Country".
    But most of all, talk to people over 50 who lived there and who see these psychopaths and spongers and drug pushers for exactly what they are.
    My own stories are not for public notice boards.

Souljacker wrote: »
    Anyone who takes a good look at Stormont will actually see how utterly ineffective it is.
    It's effective in stopping people being killed, a paid distraction. Stormont isn't about Government or political power - it's about sucking the protagonists away from street fighting and into performance art

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elatha

I have only recently taken an interest in politics and I have come to the conclusion that it is the civil service that rule all. So therefore it doesn't matter who I vote for. Is there a path for me to make a difference?

Actually it is quite funny to be called an idiot by someone who cannot spell in the post in which they write it.
    Thanks

No full stop after thanks?. :P

Keep it up, you are great entertainment. Why are you even bothering with this rubbish? RUC & war = gone, time to move on
    Why?
    What about the quote: "If we forget the lessons of the past, we are doomed to repeat them".
    Then, we who served sometimes wish to protect the young from the evil that still pumps through the hearts of the perverted criminals who abuse the legacy of our history for personal gain at the cost of far too much.
    I am no admirer of the RUC or B Specials, by the way. Read Stalker's biography too.

My own stories are not for public notice boards.
    Jeez, and we all thought Nairac was dead. What are you doing mouthing off here if you are that important, in your own mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

side point - we do put the assholes have been in power for 12 years stopping it from happening

i agree with the dup being archaic as britain is not really interested in maitaing the link anymore

And they made actual decisions regardless of whether they were good or not. In the south there's real politics real choice that doesn't exist in the North.

your dig at Britain speaks for itself, there is no comparison between politics in the North and politics in the rest of Britain.

I am no admirer of the RUC or B Specials, by the way.
    Ex-British army then? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't they pay you guys not to think?
    Read Stalker's biography too.
    Great, you have read 2 books. I read both those books years ago, stalkers must be what 15 years old?

eh real choice? fianna gael/labour-greens. 4 parties essentially the same.
    altho i do agree nothern politics is usually centrered around whether you are nationalist or unionist with no real political choice

my point was on the dup...... not britain

• Advertisement

elatha wrote: »
    I have only recently taken an interest in politics and I have come to the conclusion that it is the civil service that rule all. So therefore it doesn't matter who I vote for. Is there a path for me to make a difference?
    That depends on too many variables.
    In the Republic, the Roman catholic Church have far more power than the Civil service, but they control much of the top levels there too, through secretive groups like Opus Dei, Knights of Columbanus and Crosseo ( my spelling of phonetic recall of name may be wrong here ).
    If you want to make a difference, in practical politics, start small and keep going.
    I contributed the following to the debate re Michael Woods. It might give you some ideas:
    "There is a very well funded and cleverly thought-out PR job on the go, at the moment.
    It has many facets and many actors.
    It is designed to get the Irish People to move on quickly and to forget the real issues behind the Ryan report on Abuse of Children in Care by the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland.
    Above all, this clever PR campaign is about stopping any attempt to over-turn the dirty deal done by Michael Woods, to protect the enormous wealth of the RC Church in Ireland. It has the support of many senior members of both Fianna Fail and Fine Gael, but not of all of them!
    Some facts confirmed by the records that should be borne in mind:
    1. Michael Woods excluded the Attorney General and his staff from any access to the details, and signed off on it in his LAST day in office, to avoid any chance that it would be blocked.
    2. He did so, while aware that the Attorney General, the Irish Government’s Legal Officer, had told him in person and in writing that much more stringent and financially onerous terms than the appallingly lax ones he later applied should be imposed on the Roman Catholic Church, in any binding agreement.
    3. Michael Woods signed off on behalf of the future poor taxpayers of Ireland, while describing himself in the media as a “strong Catholic”, not as someone who should uphold the equal rights of all citizens under our constitution, for whom he was being paid as a Government Minister, at the time.
    4. This self-declaration that he acted as a “strong catholic” in forcing the taxpayers of all creeds to pay for the sins of one church, is enough to justify requests for legal action to overturn the deal by Irish citizens to our own constitutional courts, the EU Courts and the UN Courts on Human Rights.
    5. We do not need proof of the membership of Opus Dei, Knights of Columbanus or of Crosseo, of Michael Woods, Bertie Ahearne, Dermot Ahearne or Brian Lenihan, to take this action. These should be investigated, by a legal tribunal, but the legal actions to over-turn the dirty deal should start now, with letters from interested parties and groups direct to the various legal groups mentioned above.
    6. This is a time for popular action, by citizens, not waiting for further dirty deals between Church and State. We owe it to our children and their children’s children, to protect the economic viability of their future, more so because we did not protect the past of thousands of sexually and emotionally abused young children, given to the Roman Catholic Church as little more than animals to use and abuse at their perverse pleasure.
    7. I call on all of you who can, to act. Start writing to anyone who will listen, to get these legal actions underway. If we have learned anything from all this, it is that We cannot trust the RC Church or our Politicians to act as they should. They are guilty of disgraceful collusion in all of this.
    Ex-patriate Irishman"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement