Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell Olympia

• 04-06-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Anybody going or has Scream turned everyone off.

The setlists of recent gigs are great where he is playing a mixture of Soundgarden/TOTD/Audioslave and solo stuff. I think the gigs where he played the entire Scream album went down like a guinness fart in church.

I for one will be there to hopefully hear some Euphoria Morning stuff and to drool for 2 hours!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Looking forward to this, hopefully the tickets won't sell out. Will try getting mine over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

I would if tickets were priced around 25-30 but 45 quid seems far too much. Anyways, I got to see Soundgarden live back in the day so I think I'll survive not going to this :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Vocally, I just can't listen to him anymore. I used to be a huge fan of his, but I saw him at Graspop in '07 and it was a bit useless, and the steaming manure pile of a new album has really put the nail in the coffin for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I would be there in a flash if I wasn't just about to be unemployed

Here's what he's sounding like on this tour
    http://3voor12.vpro.nl/tv/#/41129661/42035199/13

He's sounding good and so is the band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

MattKid wrote: »
    I would be there in a flash if I wasn't just about to be unemployed

Here's what he's sounding like on this tour
    http://3voor12.vpro.nl/tv/#/41129661/42035199/13

He's sounding good and so is the band

Crap, that really does sound good! Guess I might end up going now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

This Sunday, Woo hoo

Will agree that tickets are a bit steep tho, compared to our European counterparts we are paying at least an extra tenner.Rode for ticket prices as usual.It will be worth it all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Nea wrote: »
    This Sunday, Woo hoo

Will agree that tickets are a bit steep tho, compared to our European counterparts we are paying at least an extra tenner.Rode for ticket prices as usual.It will be worth it all the same!

yeah we are always screwed on ticket prices, but that's well known, so not much point talking about it anymore :-(
    maybe it will change, but I can actually see it getting worse, if less bands start coming here it's possible they'll leverage the lack of gigs as a way to get more money, with the additional expense of getting here etc.....

I'll be there on Sunday, really looking forward to it now - setlists recently look pretty good, and the reaction live to the new stuff must have been pretty poor......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

tickets are slightly more expensive cos theres the small matter of shipping the gear&crew over the irish sea..doesnt happen for free sadly..won't be going to this, he's lost it.

The reason for higher ticket prices here has nothing to do with the additional shipping costs, although they would obviously add to a gigs cost ticket prices here are generally 25-30% higher than the rest of Europe, there's no doubt that there's just additional margin put on tickets here, always has been, Irish acts aren't any cheaper, even ones based here.....

Any ideas on the track list ?

• Advertisement

Just back from the gig now and it was brilliant ! His voice was way better than I thought it would be also. The new album sounds way better live and with the rock spin on it i have to say. Acoustic section was top notch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

I was there doing pics for his site, his voice was indeed way better then I expected it to be. I didn't get to catch the whole gig though, I had to run. What was the set list like in the end?

I can't remember it exactly but it was a good mix of his new stuff, Carry on, Euphoria Morning, Soundgarden material.

Oh My God what a great gig.
    Hoarse and slightly hungover this morning.

The band sounded great and his voice was fantastic. Delighted to finally hear something live from Euphoria Morning. Hunger Strike was class too.
    As said above, tunes from Scream did sound better live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Damn, would love to have seen Hungerstrike. I remember when he did outshined at Aerosmith, it was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭girlbiker

Went last night too - loved it! Loved Spoonman, Rusty Cageand Hunger Strike! :D
    Anyone have an inkling he might have lip synced some?? Kinda got that feeling, possibly with the newer stuff and some of the Audioslave songs?

That song "pick it up" was rubbish :P but over all one of the best gigs I've been to in ages. And I love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Don't think he lip synched, but the sound wasn't great for me until after Billie Jean....couldn't isolate his vocals...

Great setlist though, made me feel old....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

what songs did he do off Euphoria Morning?

Preaching The End of the World and Cant Change Me

Last night for me was simply outstanding.......

Personally for me along with 'Dc that's the gig of the year, great crowd, stunning voice, everyone seemed to be well into it, band, Chris and the audience...........I don't know I wasn't expecting much for some reason, probably just worried about the new stuff, but in all honesty I think his set was so well thought out that even the new stuff fitted in quite well, Spoonman was awesome, Rusty Cage lifted the roof, the acoustic stuff was great........I just don't know what to say, myself and my mate were completely blown away, and yeah nice to see 2hr 10min set..........just gonna listen to some vids I took last night......

• Advertisement

Nah didn't seem like he lip synced at all during the the gig. What gave ye that impression ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

I was sceptical after hearing the new album but was impressed when i left last night. Good gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭girlbiker

Just the difference in quality from song to song.
    Wasnt sure but he def had some recorded backing vocals going on - and then - I forgot all about it as I got into the gig. It was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

Fantastic gig...Cornell is in amazing form.. I Managed 2 see Soundgarden & Audioslave(..in Cuba of all places!) a good few times over the years. I'm not a huge fan of Scream but the new material certainly sounds better live. Great 2 see him back in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nea wrote: »
    Preaching The End of the World and Cant Change Me

You can say the Preaching The End.... is a cheesy sounding song, but it has some of the sweetest chord changes ever in a song.

I'd love to witness "Steel Rain" live...

seachto7 wrote: »
    You can say the Preaching The End.... is a cheesy sounding song, but it has some of the sweetest chord changes ever in a song.

I'd love to witness "Steel Rain" live...

I love Preaching but if he played When I'm Down I probably would have had heart failure. Gig of the year for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ni4979

Amazing gig.Chris was in fine form.I loved the mix of old and new tracks, new tracks worked well live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Sorry I missed this now. Maybe next time he comes it will be a Soundgarden reunion. Imagine that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

My god, I loved this concert. Went with mny long time boyfriend and sister and her friends. OMFG it was a fantastic concert. All the songs were amazing I loved spoonman like a stone rusty cage! I am a long time Chris Cornell fan so it was great!

His scream album was done great in the concert! I prefer that album rocked out over timbalized! I just LOVE Chris Cornell saw him in Marlay Park too!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement