Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls log on Nokia E51

• 04-06-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

I have a problem with my E51 in that the calls log isn't working. I only noticed this morning after seeing a missed call and when I looked at the number, it came up with a call from yesterday. I then realised that my dialled numbers and received number logs aren't working weither.

Would any of you know what the problem is or is the phone just giving up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I cleared the log this morning and and have received a few calls since then with nothing showing up on the log.

This has me baffled. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭jamesd

Have you turned off and on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

smashey wrote: »
    I cleared the log this morning and and have received a few calls since then with nothing showing up on the log.

This has me baffled. :D

have you tried removing the battery (while the handset is turned on) and leaving it out for a few seconds and putting it back in?

otherwise you may need to do a software update with nokia pc suite. just make sure you back up everything you have on your phone with the pc suite before updating. also it is a good idea to remove your memory card (if any) before update is carried out.

hope one of those help

jamesd wrote: »
    Have you turned off and on the phone?
    Dohhh. Face palm. :o I tried this and it worked. Thanks james for telling me what I should have done initially. :D
    dmn wrote: »
    have you tried removing the battery (while the handset is turned on) and leaving it out for a few seconds and putting it back in?

otherwise you may need to do a software update with nokia pc suite. just make sure you back up everything you have on your phone with the pc suite before updating. also it is a good idea to remove your memory card (if any) before update is carried out.

hope one of those help
    I'll update the software anyway now that I'm home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've seen this happen before as well and it can be as a result of faulty SIMs. If your SIM is old it might be worth getting it replaced (for free) in your local phone shop - just in case the issue comes back.

Random wrote: »
    I've seen this happen before as well and it can be as a result of faulty SIMs. If your SIM is old it might be worth getting it replaced (for free) in your local phone shop - just in case the issue comes back.
    Thanks Random.

Yeah, my SIM is a bit old now. I'll change it at the wekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

But the phone isn't that old? Strange, this shouldn't have anything to do with the sim.

The phone is less than a year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just speaking from experience :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement