Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moratorium

Options
  • 04-06-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

Is there just a moratorium on the media today, or is it on canvasing aswell?

Was handed a leaflet by Oisin Quinn of Labour party this morning in town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just wondering this myself as one oof the FF independants is driving round our town making a nuisance of himself playing crap music
    edit
    obviousley not sinn feinn just doing the same thing playing rebel songs !
    must only apply to TV / Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Joe Higgins was out this morning at Pearse St. handing out leaflets and Gay Mitchell had a big poster on the back of a truck parked across the road. AFAIK I think the moratorium is on TV/Radio coverage. Newspapers may still report on the election and I'd therefore assume also that candidates are free to canvas etc. I may well be wrong but I'm sure someone here will clear any discrpencies up fiarly quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

squonk wrote: »
    AFAIK I think the moratorium is on TV/Radio coverage. Newspapers may still report on the election and I'd therefore assume also that candidates are free to canvas etc. I may well be wrong but I'm sure someone here will clear any discrpencies up fiarly quickly :)

You are dead right squonk, moratorium only on media coverage. There should also be no direct canvassing with 50m of a polling station, otherwise it is all still fair game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

litup wrote: »
    You are dead right squonk, moratorium only on media coverage. There should also be no direct canvassing with 50m of a polling station, otherwise it is all still fair game!

Thanks for clearing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Are newspapers excluded from the moratorium because the Independent had it's usual election coverage today?

• Advertisement
Advertisement