Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5310 Problem

• 04-06-2009 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

i have a nokia 5310 and I've noticed it slowing down a lot lately
    about 2 weeks ago it kept turning itself on and off and i was unable to receive or send messages or do anything!
    this passed in a few hours of leaving it alone
    but yesterday it happened again
    its still like that know
    when i turn it on its very slow to start and spends it time updating the music player as i have a memory card with music on it ...as soon as it reaches 100% it dies and starts again
    i have tried taking out the memory card ... restoring factory settings everything!
    any ideas?
    i bought it in O2 in October last year...will they fix it for free or cn do do anything?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could reflash the firmware yourself from the nokia site. If you only bought it in october 08 then you are still covered and o2 will send it away for you. They will probably just reflash it and send it back to you, but it could take about 10 days or so.

Nokia NSU
    Backup you contacts etc using pc suite, because reinstalling the firmware will clean the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

just did that there
    seemed to have worked
    thanks a million!
    Cian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Good to hear cian

Advertisement