Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Options
  • 04-06-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

This looks unreal. Its being overseen by Hideo Kojima (could be a good or bad thing :)), its being published by Konami, they assembled a great cast for voice work (Patrick Stewart, Robert Carlyle, Jason Isaacs, Natasha McElhone), and it looks like they'll have gameplay to match.

It looks fluid and fast paced, and the size of some of these enemies is fantastic....

Trailer (gameplay footage) here.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, I really liked what IGA has done with the series so far and like how he has kept it utterly cheesey as well. It has an 80's charm to them. I just wish Konami would give him an actual budget so he can make the 3D game he always wanted to be hasn't been able to because of lack of funds.

With Kojima on board I'm a little worried but he can also do a good job. If he keeps it like Zone of Enders I'll be happy. That had a cheesey as **** plot and an awesome combat system. However the cast that's built up makes me worried because they aren't the types to sign up to a really poor script. I'm really not sure I can take to a serious Castlevania and I really liked where IGA was going with the storyline he built up and actually creating a timeline for the series despite him leaving out a few absolute classics from it.

Okay, just looked at the trailer, it looks big dumb and amazing, I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea, looks pretty good. I'm loving the Castlevania series on the DS and still have to pick up SOTN from XBLA. I'm dying for them to nail this and bring Castlevania back to the big consoles in a way it's not been for awhile.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks good, although definitely seems to be a bit of a God of War vibe going on. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing mind. As long as they incorporate some sort of exploration into it (which is what I found so compelling about Symphony of the Night) then this is promising. Metroid went 3d nicely, no reason why Castlevania couldn't given the right talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmm Kojima being on board and having such a big name cast is a big worry. Don't want Castlevania Gear Solid with nonsense cut-scenes that last longer than the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hmmm... looks pretty damn good, even if it was the same as was shown last year...

Only thing that worries me is that these are the guys that made Jericho...
    Hopefully Kojima will keep them right this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Apart from the big name talent doing voice work it came across as a so-so God of War clone to me tbh.

Advertisement