Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Djouce

Options
  • 04-06-2009 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Remember doing a walk/hike up it as a kid. thinking of doing this sat or sunday. living in balbriggan.

How do i get to this and where should i park?

thanks in advance

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭blanco

You can try these directions I got off a site advertising Luggala House which Djouce over looks.

"Directions from Dublin are turn off at Kilmacanogue, over flyover and directions to Roundwood. Pass Djouce Golf Club, look out for Skirmish sign on L.H.S, take sign for Sally Gap, R759. Go through cross roads following Sally Gap sign. 2km from crossroads look out for double black gates on L.H.S, Luggala entrance." Carry on past Luggala entrance for another 1.5K. You will see an upward sloping entrance on the RHS. Either park there or carry on the main road for another 100m.

Do you have an e-mail address I can send a scan of the area to?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭blanco

Hi Brian,

Email sent.
    It's a lovely walk - hope you enjoy it.
    Parking can be a bit tight on Sunday afternoons. But, you should be ok.

Blanco

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Why didn't you send him via Cork when you were at it?

Flyover at Kilmac; head for powerscourt; take left turn immediately after cottages; straight up the hill; park on right in Djouce woods and you'd be half way up djouce by the time it would have taken to go the other way!

CS

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

cheapskate wrote: »
    Why didn't you send him via Cork when you were at it?

Flyover at Kilmac; head for powerscourt; take left turn immediately after cottages; straight up the hill; park on right in Djouce woods and you'd be half way up djouce by the time it would have taken to go the other way!

CS

Depends which side you want to go up it. You could also go to Crone woods and walk past Powerscourt waterfall from there.

I think starting from blanco's directions is nicer personnally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

blanco wrote: »
    You can try these directions I got off a site advertising Luggala House which Djouce over looks.

"Directions from Dublin are turn off at Kilmacanogue, over flyover and directions to Roundwood. Pass Djouce Golf Club, look out for Skirmish sign on L.H.S, take sign for Sally Gap, R759. Go through cross roads following Sally Gap sign. 2km from crossroads look out for double black gates on L.H.S, Luggala entrance." Carry on past Luggala entrance for another 1.5K. You will see an upward sloping entrance on the RHS. Either park there or carry on the main road for another 100m.

Do you have an e-mail address I can send a scan of the area to?

Just to let people know there have been many break ins to cars parked in the Luggalla area. leave no valuables showing, if you've a parcel shelf, uncover your boot to show it's empty too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just to let people know there have been many break ins to cars parked in the Luggalla area. leave no valuables showing, if you've a parcel shelf, uncover your boot to show it's empty too.
    Also along the road by the so called Paddock Pond area on the old Long Hill road where many people park to walk up Djouce. The car my wife was in was broken into recently and a bag containing her change of clothes and shoes was stolen. The owner of the car did take out the parcel shelf, but they were obviously tempted by the bag .. sometimes it's just not possible to leave absolutely nothing in your car, so you're caught between a rock and a hard place really.

Advertisement