Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not another pizza place for Balbriggan

Options
  • 04-06-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I see apache are opening a sit down place in the supervalu complex, i really think that we have more than enough pizza places in the town as it is, there is to my knowledge, Apache in Spar, Four Star pizza, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Mizoni and then the Italian Restaurant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭squonk

Sure Skerries has rakes of Chineses as well for the size of the place. There's the place over the Michael Collins/fingals Cave or whatever it's called this week, The Orchid, Ocean City, One other place with the word Box in the name... I really dont' know how they all manage to keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

As far as I know the Sand Box in Skerries isn't in operation any more. I've never seen the place open.

Wow, I didn't know there was a Pizza Hut in Balbriggan...their pizza isn't the best but at least it's consistent. Not a fan of Apache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Pizza Hut in Balbriggan is the old Godfathers place up by Dunnes.
    ... Is this Apache place to replace the one in the Spar, or is a new one?
    ... Is Macaris going to open there, too? I see they actually have a sign in the window now.

Looks like we're going to have a bunch of Fat teenagers in a few years, seeing as all these places are right between the Community College and the Convent. The lesson to learn is, if you want a skinny teenager send them to the new secondary school (Ardgillan) in September :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Looks like we're going to have a bunch of Fat teenagers in a few years, seeing as all these places are right between the Community College and the Convent. The lesson to learn is, if you want a skinny teenager send them to the new secondary school (Ardgillan) in September :D

By the looks of things its already happened
    :eek:(oh no she didnt)

It looks like gardner st sometimes walking through the town
    I seen some girls wearing their Pj bottoms from shops on saturday morning - I had to look twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

What do the town commisioners say about this?
    On the obesity just heard on news today we have a serious problem in Ireland with obesity. When we talk about junk food we aint wrong but that is what young people like. Seems North Dublin is becoming the Fast food gourmet capital of Ireland. Is there a decent chipper among the lot?

Children need to be taught from an early age about the dangers of Diabeties and heart disease and the importance of healthy eating. It is going to put a huge drain on H.S.E in the years ahead. My kids are currently bringing home this food dude stuff from school and it has worked well in our house as they now eating more veg than ever but we have tried hard. Fast food is a treat but to many dont see it like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

I think you forgot to add Libero's Pizza right beside Supervalu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

Speaking of fast food places, anyone got the number for eatzen??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Speaking of fast food places, anyone got the number for eatzen??

01 8416220

Walking past Super Valu today, and I see there is a planning application in one of the empty units to change the unit from Retail to Restaurant (with seating for 40 people). That's great - I honestly was starting to worry that there wouldn't be enough Fast Food places in the town. :rolleyes:

I remember back in the days when there was about 8 pubs when the population was about 8,000. Now they must have to meet similar quotas for Fast Food outlets to population (minimum 1 restaurant for every 1,000 people). :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Walking past Super Valu today, and I see there is a planning application in one of the empty units to change the unit from Retail to Restaurant (with seating for 40 people). That's great - I honestly was starting to worry that there wouldn't be enough Fast Food places in the town. :rolleyes:

Are you sure that wasn't Macari's? They are opening there soon

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »
    Are you sure that wasn't Macari's? They are opening there soon

Yep, I'm sure. It's one of the units near Macaris. Can't remember the name on the application though...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Best chipper around - and worth driving to - is Mullins in Drogheda!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

NorthDub wrote: »
    I see apache are opening a sit down place in the supervalu complex, i really think that we have more than enough pizza places in the town as it is, there is to my knowledge, Apache in Spar, Four Star pizza, Dominos, Pizza Hut, Mizoni and then the Italian Restaurant
    should we be putting down a franchise that is providing employment in these recessionary times?

should we be putting down a franchise that is providing employment in these recessionary times?

we probably should but no ones biting!! :rolleyes:

Wasn't a chipper suppose to open in a new unit between the Bracken Court and Dave's Newsagents?

Balbriggan - The gourmet fast food capital of fingal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Nodster wrote: »
    Wasn't a chipper suppose to open in a new unit between the Bracken Court and Dave's Newsagents?

Re-open, actually, that's where the Pop Inn was before they started redeveloping/burning down/re-redeveloping the hotel. The fact that the new unit was too small and with the influx of other fast food joints, they appear to have decided against reopening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

ya forgot Deli burger.
    It's not exactly a pizza place but it's still junk!!

Why i wonder do Balbrigganers each so much Pizza. another thing i heard from someone down there is that it hardly ever rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Fast food places do well in Balbriggan - thats why there are so many of them. Its the nice sit down restaurants that seem to have problems. If people support the nicer restaurants then maybe they will stay open and others will be encouraged to open up in our town.
    I'm happy to see anything open up in the vacant units, its better than empty units and at least it creates jobs.

wow sierra wrote: »
    Fast food places do well in Balbriggan - thats why there are so many of them. Its the nice sit down restaurants that seem to have problems. If people support the nicer restaurants then maybe they will stay open and others will be encouraged to open up in our town.
    I'm happy to see anything open up in the vacant units, its better than empty units and at least it creates jobs.
    Could be the recession too. Suppose people afraid to be seen eating out in posh restaurants. same with having an 09 reg.

Fellow Balbrigganers - if you really want a treat, you'll have to try a Toasted Club Sambo in Main Street Cafe beside Bracken Cabs!!

The Dog's whatsits :p

Gets 'our' #1vote everytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Fellow Balbrigganers - if you really want a treat, you'll have to try a Toasted Club Sambo in Main Street Cafe beside Bracken Cabs!!
    Do you mean The Coffee Pot on Drogheda Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

wow sierra wrote: »
    If people support the nicer restaurants then maybe they will stay open and others will be encouraged to open up in our town.

People will always support good restaurants, there just isn't any good restaurants in Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭thelord

Hi all

Had Soup Of the day in thr Old mill Cafe Balbriggan
    wonderful stuff real homemade and tasty.

Felt it set me up for the day will be going back for more.

regards thelord

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

ya forgot Deli burger.
    It's not exactly a pizza place but it's still junk!!

Thats assuming it's food, seriously tried it once the once saving grace was I couldn't even walk straight.
    But yes it is disconcerting the number of junk food outlets springing up, I suppose the rapidly expanding young population creates the market, you can warn people but just like smoking most people figure it'll never happen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Best place in balbriggan for price and quality is the Coffee Pot. the business as the other poster said!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Latest additions in the every growing Balbriggan Fast Food Empire are Mr Wu (Asian food) on Drogheda Street next to the Ulster Bank which opened a few weeks ago, and Bennys Fried Chicken also on Drogheda Street (formerly The Magic Scissors) which looks like it will be open in the next few days.

Marvelous news for the porkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Latest additions in the every growing Balbriggan Fast Food Empire are Mr Wu (Asian food) on Drogheda Street next to the Ulster Bank which opened a few weeks ago, and Bennys Fried Chicken also on Drogheda Street (formerly The Magic Scissors) which looks like it will be open in the next few days.

Marvelous news for the porkies.

i saw that earlier this evening on my way home, Ok as someone said fair enough new business need support but why oh why do they think we need another fast food outlet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Bluetonic wrote: »

Do you mean the National Irish Bank on Drogheda Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Residents of Balbriggan are more commonly known as "Brigsters" :cool:

• Advertisement

humble apologies, the Nodster meant Brigsters!! :D

Advertisement