Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location services won't launch on C905

• 04-06-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Did a search and couldn't find anything on this. I bought a SE C905 there about two months ago and had been using 'Google Maps', 'Navigation' and 'Tracker' in Location Services. Now however they will not load for me at all. They just will not open, no error messages, nada. Anyone have any ideas what could be up with it?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you many programs running at the same time, or have you moved file types or changed memory cards something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Davy wrote: »
    Have you many programs running at the same time, or have you moved file types or changed memory cards something like that?

Nope, I restarted the phone and tried to access them when nothing else is running and it's the same. Haven't changed memory cards beyond taking it out to move photos off but that was just a copy and paste job. :confused:

So you can open up the location services folder and then shows all the apps on the list?

Have you tried a software update from the SE site?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Davy wrote: »
    So you can open up the location services folder and then shows all the apps on the list?

Have you tried a software update from the SE site?

Yeah that's exactly it.

When I try and update via 'Settings' -> 'General' tab-> 'Update service' it tells me it couldn't download an update. It's currently on:

1205-9079
    R1DA032

Ye your up-to-date, so you need to just reflash the phone with the same firmware again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement