Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm Pre - the reviews are in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mobius42 wrote: »
    I must say I'm impressed that Palm was able to pull this off. Now if they'd only release it here!

I'd say we will be waiting a while. I also think it was quite narrow-minded not to release a 3G version, talk about limiting your market. And what do Palm Pre users do when they go abroad?

Reading the reviews, the only real problem is the keyboard and it's sliding mechanism. It's either too flimsy/small/doesn't click into place, which is such a shame considering this is one of it's main selling points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Well, there is a 3G version coming out. It was spotted during the Mobile World Conference in Barcelona a few months ago. Still, it was stupid to release a CDMA version first. CDMA is being phased out in favour of GSM, why invest in dying tech?

As for the sliding mechanism and keyboard, another issue is that it's ridiculously sharp at the bottom. There's a video on Gizmodo of them using it to cut a block of cheese!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mobius42 wrote: »
    Well, there is a 3G version coming out. It was spotted during the Mobile World Conference in Barcelona a few months ago. Still, it was stupid to release a CDMA version first. CDMA is being phased out in favour of GSM, why invest in dying tech?

Because it is a US company and their prime target is the US market, I would imagine.

Advertisement