Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white PVC back door problem

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

when i try to close the back door, I can pull the handle up most of the way but the last wee bit you need to pull it so you can turn the keys wont move up... or if it does i feel like i am going to break the handle in order to do it.... the jam of the door is clean and nothing in the way stopping the door from closing...

...has anyone experienced this before ...I dont want to call out the double glazing man if its something simple

thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The receiver in the frame might not be aligned well with the bolt of the lock.

Sometimes these can be adjusted quite easily by loosening them and moving them slightly.

I have done this once before.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

remove 2 of the receivers for the 3 point locking and check if door will lock then replace the other two seperately until you find the guilty one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

TBH i would get someone to do this who is professional. The last thing you want to do is mess the frame up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

On mine the three hinges on each door can be adjusted by allen screws,up or down. I often have a wee bit of trouble with my front door, which obviously gets a bit more abuse than most,adjusting the hinge usually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

if its under warranty, call the guy out. usually the door needs a small adjustment from the hinges, spray some oil on all the moving parts of the lock and the receivers. check locking door when open, is it still stiff. if you have a file handy, take the edge of where the dead lock is received.

be careful if messing with the hinges, are easily threaded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement