Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geog HL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 c_92

Does a meander count as a feature of deposition, because a lot of the formation also involves erosion. I know that levees and floodplains are due to deposition, but the meander is the only feature I really have enough SRPs on to write about for deposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

erosion and deposition... They probably wont specify in the question which they want so you will be able to use the meander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Whos up for winging it with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

The culture in sub continental region really benefits those who did India, like the culture of the SW USA is kinda limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Kournikova wrote: »
    The culture in sub continental region really benefits those who did India, like the culture of the SW USA is kinda limited.

You can do belgium too I'm doing it tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Swizz wrote: »
    Whos up for winging it with me?
    I've revised literally hardly anything. I read through. Most of it's common sense tbh, it's just those phucking statistics I despise.

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I've revised literally hardly anything. I read through. Most of it's common sense tbh, it's just those phucking statistics I despise.

True.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

smndly wrote: »
    3 biome questions?? Theres just 2 i thought: Characteristics and human impact

There's also how plants and animals have adapted to a Biome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Hi everyone!!! Best of luck with your exams!!!
    I just have a quick question for my sis, i know the marking scheme but about how many marks should u get on each paper to pass??? im talking maths o/l here sorry couldnt find anywhere else to post !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Still haven't started studying Geography, too focused on honours maths(I'm only a C student at max so I'm fcuked if its tough). Any advice for a late night cram sesh?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone!!! Best of luck with your exams!!!
    I just have a quick question for my sis, i know the marking scheme but about how many marks should u get on each paper to pass??? im talking maths o/l here sorry couldnt find anywhere else to post !!! :)

40% is a pass. Therefore multiply the total points of the paper by .4 and she needs that to pass.

40% is a pass. Therefore multiply the total points of the paper by .4 and she needs that to pass.

38% apparently in OL!

Still haven't started studying Geography, too focused on honours maths(I'm only a C student at max so I'm fcuked if its tough). Any advice for a late night cram sesh?

Yeah get off your pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

lol characteristics of a biome is not a sure thing, nothing with geo is tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Are we allowed bring a calculator into the geo exams?

Are we allowed bring a calculator into the geo exams?

For what?

Claypigeon wrote: »
    For what?

In the short questions we are usually asked for percentages ect

Yeah get off your pc.

Why aren't we a clever little thing? :rolleyes:

Why aren't we a clever little thing? :rolleyes:

Living dead i just started revising a hour ago and am typing out notes atm. I spent the day studying maths, honours level got a d3 in the mocks passing by one percent. Scrwed.

My advice.
    Glance over physical. Usually its the part everyone knows better than teh rest. Keep in mind one irish landform formation, volcanos and earthquakes maybe.

Regional. Pick one region from each part to look over. One irish, one european and one subcontinental. focus on primary secondary and tertiary activities in each.

Econmic maybe look over mnc's and eu laws? thats what im doing.

If ure option is geoecology, look over biomes it usually comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

Kournikova wrote: »

Did no-one else do Brazil as a sub-continental region..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i know most of what i need to know.when i finish maths just have to go over regional and global interdependence.i'd be aiming for a c1 or higher.got a c1 in my mocks without even studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

lets all just face it..... we're dead:p

Living dead i just started revising a hour ago and am typing out notes atm. I spent the day studying maths, honours level got a d3 in the mocks passing by one percent. Scrwed.

My advice.
    Glance over physical. Usually its the part everyone knows better than teh rest. Keep in mind one irish landform formation, volcanos and earthquakes maybe.

Regional. Pick one region from each part to look over. One irish, one european and one subcontinental. focus on primary secondary and tertiary activities in each.

Econmic maybe look over mnc's and eu laws? thats what im doing.

If ure option is geoecology, look over biomes it usually comes up.

Thank you :) I'm not doing the economic option, I'm doing the human environment, I'm guessing they both suck?

I did too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Yep I did :)

Anyone do the Mezzigiorno?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

If characteristics of a soil don't come up I'll prob.... start crying :eek: If it doesn't at least god bring up IMPACT ON A BIOME PLEEEEASASEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg i'm getting nervous now. Time to start cramming till 1 in the morning!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

ah i'm not alone then! :)

geography + maths on the same day, both HL shouldn't be allowed..

i've had hardly any time for geography because maths is ridiculously time consuming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It'll be ok, just make sure to massage your wrist between exams.
    I had geography followed by home ec when I did mine. A LOT of writing.

One thing about geography - watch your time, you dont' get enough time (even teachers agree) so make sure you don't dawdle on things, you can always go back if you have time to add extra bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

star-pants wrote: »
    It'll be ok, just make sure to massage your wrist between exams.
    I had geography followed by home ec when I did mine. A LOT of writing.

One thing about geography - watch your time, you dont' get enough time (even teachers agree) so make sure you don't dawdle on things, you can always go back if you have time to add extra bits.

Yeah I agree about the time..

In the mocks I never had time to do the section 3 question :\

Ah well you learn from your mistakes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Kiara. wrote: »
    Yep I did :)

Anyone do the Mezzigiorno?

did the Mezzigiorno too :)

did India though for sub-continental

Advertisement