Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geog HL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I'm literally only starting proper study right now...
    Am I doomed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I'm literally only starting proper study right now...
    Am I doomed?

What grade do you want? I was panicking but then I calmed down and realised.

I don't need to pass maths for my course.

I want anything above 350 points.

I want Arts @ NUIG.

Geography, I have 20% got from the project and short questions are a royal joke so that's a pass between the two. I just need to do "ok" in the half the rest of the paper to get by desired grade which is anything between a c3 and a b2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Remember peeps to give your maps/graphs a title and make sure to mark the direction of North on your sketch map ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Claypigeon wrote: »
    What grade do you want? I was panicking but then I calmed down and realised.

I don't need to pass maths for my course.

I want anything above 350 points.

I want Arts @ NUIG.

Geography, I have 20% got from the project and short questions are a royal joke so that's a pass between the two. I just need to do "ok" in the half the rest of the paper to get by desired grade which is anything between a c3 and a b2.
    The bolded parts are me all over.

haloauto wrote: »
    Remember peeps to give your maps/graphs a title and make sure to mark the direction of North on your sketch map ;)

Very good advice although it seems obvious you never think to do it in the real thing.

Another thing that made me cheer up - you get like 2-4 marks for using graph paper when drawing a graph

• Advertisement

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    The bolded parts are me all over.

I think it's since I signed up here. The worries of every other LC are creeping onto me, and it's like, I don't even have to pass maths and I only want a c3 in everything else to be perfectly happy, bar maybe one subject to make up for OL Irish.

Cheer up people! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

HELP!!!

How do you do a question on overpopulation? I have a case study on Rajastan which talks about flooding but how is that a cause of overpopulation?

How are you supposed to get 15 SRPS in a question that says one cause and one effect? like how do you go about answering it. Would appreciate some help,

Thanks a mil

Should I use my invisibility powers for good or for evil?

Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

im begging and praying for characteristics of a biome to come up or else im ****ed !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

strongr wrote: »
    im begging and praying for characteristics of a biome to come up or else im ****ed !
    That came up last year so it's unlikely.

I'd say get your book out and start cramming in the other two possible questions, or even one of them, they're not too hard to learn.

Jello wrote: »
    That came up last year so it's unlikely.

I'd say get your book out and start cramming in the other two possible questions, or even one of them, they're not too hard to learn.

Which are the other two, just for clarity please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

strongr wrote: »

Well if you know the characteristics of your biome then you should know how to answer a question on how plant and animal life adapt to the biome (as animal life and vegetation are two characteristics of the biome). So just learn some extra SRPs and then you'll have two questions under your belt. And if you have time look at the human aspect of the biome OR something in soils.Good luck

Also, characteristics of a biome came up 3 years ago and then again last year. So if the same pattern occurs, hopefully something from 2007 will come up and 2007 had how animal/plant life adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Which are the other two, just for clarity please?
    Human impact on a Biome.

How plant and animal life adapts to Biome.

Jello wrote: »
    Human impact on a Biome.

How plant and animal life adapts to Biome.

Thank you v much :)

Should I use my invisibility powers for good or for evil?

Hmmm...

Overpopulation

Causes
    The Unwise development of resources. (The Aural Sea Region)
    The influence of society and culture. (India)
    The Impacet of income levels. (India)
    The Impact of technology on population growth. (GM foods in China etc)

First paragraph - Describe region
    Second - Causes
    Third - Effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

can anyone give me examples of secondary activities in an Irish Region, Sub Cont. and European?
    just to add to my own thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

what is the deal with the marking scheme of option...
    what does it mean by identification of aspect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I'm ****ed if they put up secondary activity for ireland/sub continent!! I can see them doing it for Ireland but India, come on, lets be reasonable here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 krustywanksock

Uaschamóg wrote: »
    if the question says to desribe an irish landform

can you write about a waterfall? or a v-glen? or does it have to be the burren?

<SNIP> you're being warned <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

haloauto wrote: »
    Do you to colour in sketch maps? or anything? ie, Waterfall diagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

what 3/4 aspects are ppl doing for a soil, and what soil?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ciano14

ImJohn wrote: »
    I'm ****ed if they put up secondary activity for ireland/sub continent!! I can see them doing it for Ireland but India, come on, lets be reasonable here.

i know what you mean
    just industry for IRish and european really?
    India...well they cant be that cruel can they?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

ImJohn wrote: »

What why? Im guessing you've never seen the ford and nissan factories just south of the himalayas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

I just heard that Geoecology has to be like 7 pages long.????

It isn't even that long in the book.

blue-army wrote: »
    Do you to colour in sketch maps? or anything? ie, Waterfall diagram.
    If I have time at the end I go back and do some colouring but not during. You don't get marks for the colouring. For the sketch maps I usually just shade different patterns with my pencil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

How is there enough info in the book on animal and plant adaptations for a full 80 mark question?!

Kournikova wrote: »
    I just heard that Geoecology has to be like 7 pages long.????

It isn't even that long in the book.
    It can be any length it takes. Someone could get 80 marks in 2 pages, another in 8 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

How is there enough info in the book on animal and plant adaptations for a full 80 mark question?!

2007 Question was just adaptations it was adaptations with soil and climate.. soo just waffle on about arid soils and the dramatic fall in temps at night bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

This, I need to know. This is perhaps the one aspect of Biomes I know most about, but I don't think there's enough in my book to write a good answer on.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

The entire Geoecology looks too short for me. Like it seems I would have to write loads for 80 marks but I dont have that much information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

-Kenny- wrote: »
    2007 Question was just adaptations it was adaptations with soil and climate.. soo just waffle on about arid soils and the dramatic fall in temps at night bla bla bla

I'm doing the tropical rainforest biome.

Advertisement