Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSRB - Season 2; Winners, Credits and Thanks

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

gfhfghdfgdgh.jpg

1st Place - Vyze - 244 points
    2nd Place - Tsukiko - 209 points
    3rd Place - Cloudpaul - 180 points
    4th Place - Inferis - 176 points
    Services to the scene - Newtype - Taking alot of his own time to impart knowledge and train others.

The Players!
    As always, thanks for turning up and playing. I hope you all enjoyed season 2 and to see you all back again for season 3 in October. My main goal with season 2 was to drive consisntency of the games further compared to season 1. With alot of help and consideration from you guys season 2 was more consistent than season 1. Particularly;
    Vaghan Vabsley - for supplying hardware and software
    Holly Grimes - also for supplying hardware and software

Dragonslayers
    Without these guys there would be no season 2 in the first place! Each were alot of help this season.
    Killian Mc Keever - President, for giving me a green light
    Jonathan Curran - Secretary, for Saturday business
    Andrew Gordon - Event Manager, for being a level 70 committee member
    Paul Graham - Console Rep, for help running games, cutting (and uploading) vids and aiding in sign ups

Neo Empire
    Thanks for another year of support!
    SVB '09 Team - For including NI in the Dramatic Battles
    Zabuza and Afflux - For visiting and splitting rounds with us

Boards.ie Fighting Gamers
    I met Azza and Saber0001 nearer the end of season 2. Shortly after SFIV business brought everything together. Its great to know there are a bunch of gamers in the South. You have met a few of us already. Hope to see you up in the North soon!
    Azza - 1st Southern Irish contact, very dedicated guy
    Saber0001 - For advertising Dragonslayer events, thank you!

Misc Thanks
    Grindie, Steve and Grave of WTF Derry
    butch-cassidy of UU Magee Core

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

Hopefully we can get a few of the folks from here to participate in future DragonSlayer events. Your next session starts in October. I'll see what I can organise neared the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I'd love to get involved in the tournaments. I live in Donegal so its much better for me to travel to Belfast than having to travel to Dublin. I'm not a bad player either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If you ever want to drop me a line with details / news etc, feel free. Will post up something about this but if there is anything in particular you want, PM me here or e-mail me...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Azza wrote: »
    Hopefully we can get a few of the folks from here to participate in future DragonSlayer events. Your next session starts in October. I'll see what I can organise neared the time.

There will be a few events over the summer, the most notable being Q-Con. Everything else will be on a smaller scale. At this stage they are only plans, but release tournaments for BlazBlue and KOFXII are on the casrds.
    Leprekaun wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd love to get involved in the tournaments. I live in Donegal so its much better for me to travel to Belfast than having to travel to Dublin. I'm not a bad player either :)

Man I was in Portnablah last week! Must be quite a journey depending on where in Donegal you are coming from. You should definitely check out Q-Con as it would be a chance to meet some of us.
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    If you ever want to drop me a line with details / news etc, feel free. Will post up something about this but if there is anything in particular you want, PM me here or e-mail me...

I have a mailing list for the RBs. Is your email the same as your MSN?

Yeah, sure. I live in Letterkenny so not too far away from Belfast (about 1:30-2 hour journey which I wouldn't mind doing). I'll have a look for Q-Con but where can I find out the info on all the tournaments and events?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

This page here Leprekuan.

http://www.q-con.org.uk/consoles.php

Lots of different fighting games to choose from.

Cheers! :)

... the place where everybody knows your name :P

Advertisement