Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quickie re: Tax & Nct

• 04-06-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Can someone set me straight on this? I have an old Toyota that's been off the roads for almost 3 years. The NCT is out and I can't get an appointment for months. Is it possible to tax it still (I know I'll have to get the non-use form stamped by the Gardai etc)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Pretty sure you can tax it without nct. Not 100% sure tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Get the non-use form stamped and signed by a Garda, then take it to the Motor Tax Office and tax away - shouldn't be any problem. If you want to make your case look better, book the NCT (however far away it might be) and print off a copy of the booking confirmation to take with you to the Motor Tax Office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can tax the car without an NCT. I just taxed a car in Nutgrove this morning and asked that very question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anan1 wrote: »
    You can tax the car without an NCT. I just taxed a car in Nutgrove this morning and asked that very question.

Fwiw, you can even tax the car online without insurance....or to put it more correctly, without valid insurance details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

No NCT is needed to tax a private car.

OP, all you will need is the RF100A (with with the non-use section stamped in your Garda station), and payment. No NCT and no INS Cert required. See the updated RF100A . (A lot of sites are still using the old form which mentions NCT.)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement