Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating veggie sausages?!

Options
  • 04-06-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's safe to reheat Linda McCartney sausages? I'm gong away to stay in a place that only has a microwave but no cooker so I was going to cook the sausages at home and then reheat them there. Because they're bought frozen though, I'm not sure if this is OK. Does anyone know? Or has anyone done this before?

If not I was going to do the same thing with the tofu sausages you get in the health food shops. Is it safe to reheat these either?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

cosmic wrote: »
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's safe to reheat Linda McCartney sausages? I'm gong away to stay in a place that only has a microwave but no cooker so I was going to cook the sausages at home and then reheat them there. Because they're bought frozen though, I'm not sure if this is OK. Does anyone know? Or has anyone done this before?

If not I was going to do the same thing with the tofu sausages you get in the health food shops. Is it safe to reheat these either?

Thanks!

Have no experience of veggie sausages but surely you can cook them in the microwave?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I see no problem with cooking the/reheating them in a microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cool, thanks for that!

It's just because the Linda McCartney ones are cooked from frozen I was a bit worried but I will cook up a load this evening and pop them in a lunch box to re-heat over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

As the laziest vegan in all the land I just bung them in the micro straight from frozen and eat them that way....YUM.
    I know some people will find this revolting, I however, do not:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

i do them in the toasted sandwich maker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

One great thing about being vegetarian, is ya don't have to worry about reheated food being dangerous and food poisoning etc.

Just to kinda answer the original questions, I have eaten them sausages cold loads of times (after cooking them obviously) and they are just as nice. Some of my friends think they are actually nicer than real sausages hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

jape wrote: »
    One great thing about being vegetarian, is ya don't have to worry about reheated food being dangerous and food poisoning etc.

I normally think like this but you know the way people go on about reheating rice being dangerous and whatnot... rice?! So I just wanted to be sure. I actually cooked and reheated them in the end and lived to tell the tale!

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yeah, rice is one of those food that is not worth leaving out for too long. I guess it's like bread, being a great substrate for the mould :/

Advertisement